Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion & Hype Thread
  • I can't wait. Cyberpunk and Sekiro are day 1 buy all-nighter material. 

A first-person RPG developed by CD Projekt Red that from all accounts will be 100% faithful to the source material. Mike Pondsmith, the legend behind the tabletop RPG, was even brought in to help on it. The game will have every class from Cyberpunk 2020 available, be set in Night City, and features all the stats and mechanics from the original game. 

I couldn't be more hype for this. My formative years were spent around a big round table with a group of friends rolling D10s and playing Cyberpunk. I still have every book ever printed in storage. This game is going to be frigging huge.
  • Nothing but stupendously high hopes for this. Really excited.
  • I've been let down too many times. As such, I'm excited, but will remain skeptical about the game. It looks like its trying to do and be too much at the same time. While its style is unique and distinct, I think they should create a more unique and focused gameplay before doing all the other stuff that we see. As it is, I see elements of Borderlands, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, GTA, and a plethora of gameplay genres. It looks like its trying to be an fps, a co-op rpg, maybe an mmo? That's not to say I think being a jack of all is bad, but theres been examples of what happens when studio's allocate their resources too widely. I'm still going to follow the news around the game, and I would recommend anyone to do the same. but I'm also gonna say be wary.
  • CDPR + Mike Pondsmith working together on this for at least the past 5 years or so (and who knows how many more until they actually release) give me great hope. I'm also hard pressed to think of any other developers I'd trust with this IP. If these guys can't pull it off, I don't think anyone can.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week