Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 04/06/18
  • Away with half-term holidays so very little gaming time lately - sorry I didn't post last week, there's never a quiet moment on holiday with the kids and even once they were asleep in the evenings I was generally not very far behind them...

(XB1) Forza Motorsport 7 I have some minor issues with the UI, which has managed to hide some of the functions that were immediately to hand on older versions of the game (it took me nearly 20 minutes to find where I could buy user-generated vinyl groups and layers last night), but otherwise this is doing a very thorough job of reminding me why I tend to lose months at a time to these types of driving sims.  I'm ashamed to admit that I am still leaning on the braking line and rewind options as I'm learning all the new courses but I can kind of justify it to myself - I've waaaay less spare time than I had in 2011 when FM4 came out and I've skipped two whole iterations of this game so I'm not just having to learn one or two new tracks but almost the entire roster.  I'll move to get rid of the racing line and switch off the rewind function too soon, that will slow my progress through the game a little bit but it also will mean I'm making more credits-per-race so hopefully things will balance out.

While I'm talking about the race tracks that are in the game, there are a fair few that I miss from earlier versions (like the Sidewinder courses from FM2/3) but the breadth of choice is certainly big enough for now - Turn10 didn't add many DLC courses to earlier games but maybe there are some more to come for 7?

I'm also back on my Making-Pretend-Race-Series bullshit - having hired a Fiat 500 over the holiday, I've been trying to make a one-make cup series-style racer out of one and then coming up with some realistic-looking paint schemes.  This must be the earliest in my time with a Forza that I've started spending almost as much time tuning and painting as I am actually racing...

OK, that's everything from me.  You'll have to excuse me now if I fall asleep in exhaustion at having spent a week chasing small children around.
  • Nothing because I am perpetually busy and will be for a long time and so gaming is basically dead and has been for awhile now.
    Noobied by 1sloth
  • Monster Hunter World - Started the new quest that brought Lunastra into the game. That's about it for this. Got to Hunter Rank 18.

Dark Souls Remastered - Running about the Catacombs right now. Slaughtered the Pinwheel boss cause he's still such a pushover. Still getting my arse pushed in from Four Kings.
  • Dark Souls Remastered - Played the shit out of it and platted it fairly quickly. 

Minecraft - I've been playing this co-op. 

Bayonetta - Playing through it again on the Switch.

Splatoon 2 - levelled up a bit more.

That's about it. I'm still trying to decide if Vampyr is worth buying. It looks a bit meh. Maybe Detroit? 
  • Prey, I have gone on a whole trip with this game from, Heh this is okay, to fucking hell I'm a shotgun wielding machine to finally eh this is just tedious now. I am literally 2 missions from the end but I think I'm done. Like fully done with the game. It's not that it's hard, I'm just not finding it fun.

A little more San Andreas, a little more PUBG and a tiny bit of Forza 7. The latter is thanks to @Littleg bringing the game up.

Speaking of that. G your divertar (is that how you spell that made up word) is driving with what I can only describe as a kinder Bueno wrap on its car. Is that the sort of stuff you drive in?

I played through the world cup mode in FIFA 18. It's short but it's more FIFA and it's free. Can't moan. Finally, Pokémon red. My parents are moving house so on my day off I went over and cleared all my shit out.

I found my old Gameboy colour, the sexy purple thing. With Pokémon red still in there. Picked up some batteries and long story short 6 hours in, 3 gym badges and a fucking awesome charmeleon.
  • The DOOM announcement at E3 compelled me to go back and finish off my DOOM 2016 plat.

Also been playing Dark Souls Remastered. Now thinking what my 3rd character will be. Maybe a strength build of some sort, or magic. I haven't done a magic build for a while.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, again prompted by the Shadow trailer at E3. Might finish off this plat too.

I also had a go at Detroit and Vampyr. Detroit is barely a game but it's interesting so far. It seems better than Beyond Two Souls which is good. Vampyr is enjoyable. We don't have many vampire games to begin with so it's nice. There's a lot of talky talky in it but the combat is fun. It feels a bit like The Surge at times, definitely influenced by the Souls games with the stamina management and whatnot. No bonfires though, and you don't lose XP on death.

That's about it for this week.
  • Mostly Warframe and some current free PSN games, X com 2, zombie cars, and some motorbike balancing game
  • Vampyr sounds like my kind of game then.

Unravel Two - Not much here. Played the first level after seeing it revealed at E3. Customized my Yarnys and that's about it too. It's fun, I just wish the co-op wasn't restricted to local. I don't have any local co-op buddies.