Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 2/4/18
  • Did some exploring of Shulva in the Dark Souls 2 DLC. I haven't really explored blind in Souls in a while. The usual mixture of wonder and bullshit. From loves cliffs a bit too much, but they can design a level. Of course the two elevators go back to the first fire. Now if I can just find a Dragon Stone, whatever that is. Might have to ascetic the spider and get the moonlight sword. The health bars on some of these jokers are getting ridiculous.
  • I just seem to be popping into games. Playing a mission, doing a match and then just getting bored. So I've been playing not much of a whole lot of games.

Starting with Fortnite. I wanted to see what the whole fuss was about. I don't. Its like PUBG but there's no tension. That for me is where the "fun" lies in these games. The quiet moments when your senses are on point listening, looking for someone, anyone that might kill you next.

The tedium of Fortnite sent me right back to Player Unknowns Battlegrounds. I think I have played a match or two a day. I'm terrible. I consistently get to the last 10, but when that moment comes. The all important moment. You know that one where you actually have to shoot at someone. I can't do it. I get my arse handed to me. Every damn time.

Apart from those two, I've been popping back into Monster Hunter World and doing a mission here or there. I'm just looking forward to the end game now, the point where I can help others out. Take out monsters and get wicked awesome gear.

And finally some WWE 2K18. Its wrestlemania season. I think I buy this game every year around this time. Play it, get annoyed by it, but still like it through all its flaws. There could be a really good, detailed, story based wresting game. This just isn't it. Its there ready to be made but 2k and yukes keep farming out the same shit. Get another team on the licence. Give them a few years. Let Yukes carry on what they're doing. Let's see what someone else can do.
  • Far Cry 5 - Finished the campaign and played through it all again co-op with a bud, then moved on to arcade, which is Little Big Planet Far Cry Edition. It's a bit sparse at the moment because not many people are making content yet, and the online multiplayer has been pretty dead every time I've tried to get into a match, but I'll keep trying because 2 of the trophies require it. 

Horizon Zero Dawn - Made a lot more progress in this. Did a bit of main story and a bunch of side questing/exploring. Hoping to get more of this done this week now that FC5 is almost done and dusted. 
  • Well I took out the first two Shulva bosses. The dragon was tough. You can what it is about to do... and really have no way to avoid it. Had to look at a walk through to find the one switch I had not found, to get the key for the other boss(es?). The new area has serious From Software bullshit. Sure you can summon two different NPCs, but we are just screwing with you because we have put in an enemy pit/ shooting range that puts The Gutter to shame. There is zero chance you will shepard any NPC to the boss fight. We are just fucking with you because we are From. Could be worse, could be Rom.
  • Platted Far Cry 5 today. The arcade was painful. Maybe in the future it will have some fun content, but it's just a chore as it is.
  • Overwatch (PC): Yadda yadda. Brigette is a fun addition, she is very easy to play competently on defense but I am still learning the ropes with her when pushing towards an objective. I've gotten to the point where my weakest characters; Junkrat, Winston, Mei? I can play decently now and not hurt my team really. I've gotten a lot better at using Mercy for offense without neglecting healing, had a 10 kill streak on her in one game with gold healing. I'm excited about a new map, but their newer maps have been underwhelming. The Moon sucks. Even Eichenwald is a lower tier map. Blizzard World sucked at first, it's growing on me quite a bit overtime though, particularly the middle and end section.

Diablo 3 (PC): Started a brif new seasonal character but then dicked around on some older ones. Grabbed a few paragon levels and a few million gold, geared up a companion with a max level gem, and mostly just did some rifts on one of my higher level monks. Might finish one of my non-seasonal alts still sitting in the 40s. I have some barbarians and monks who are.
  • Platted Horizon Zero Dawn today. Turned out being interesting after failing to grab me for probably half the game. Good solid experience. Not sure why people weren't complaining about the fact that it recycles a boss fight from mid-game at the end. The Order 1886 couldn't pull that shit but Horizon got a pass.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week