Dark Souls 1 Remastered (PS4, Bone, Switch, PC)
  • And surprise surprise, PC gamers are still moaning. They want it for free. Entitled twats.
    Noobied by 1sloth
  • So this happened

which seems to me like it's going to be the end of Dark Souls on Switch. The hackers are going to be out in force. 
  • Heads up bitches!

You can download the network test version this week, and then it is gone. The tests are scheduled for May 11th and May 12th. Check the hours and time zones and jazz. It is important to note that you will not be able to download the day of the day of the tests, so get on that shit this week.
  • I'm ready for the network tests. So ready.
  • Can't wait.

• Oh geez, that was great. I love when people get destroyed by O&S.
  • Swiftor's rage in Dark Souls is the stuff of meme now.

• So good.

I can't wait to do this all over again. A populated Dark Souls is gonna feel so good. Plus, hopefully a Blighttown that doesn't run like absolute turds.
  • Well, the network test started about an hour ago, and I've been playing it. Or at least I've been trying to play it. It's pretty bad. The game is literally crashing every 2 minutes. I tried to summon people, I tried to be summoned, I tried just going through the offered area (which is armour pig btw) by myself, and every time it crashed and dumped me back to the dashboard. After just shy of 10 attempts I give up for now. This is really fucked. Fair enough it's a network test so if summons aren't working properly I'm cool with that, but crashes when just playing solo?

You can pick 1 of 6 character types, 4 of them archetypes like pyro, fighter, etc, and then 2 bonus characters, Solaire or a black knight. Alas, I never got more than a few minutes with any of them, but the gameplay felt off somehow. I wish I could play a bit longer to see if it's just me or if they have fucked with something. The graphics have improved for sure, I have no complaints about what I saw, but yeah, those crashes, holy shit.

Anyone else tried it? Did you have better luck than me? Thoughts?
  • I did not get on, cuz all MTG all the time ( You got a Nether Void? ) but that does not sound like an auspicious test. If multiplayer does not work well people are gonna be pissed off.
  • Specially for the people who view the online pvp/pve as the main draw to the remaster...
  • I had no connection issues when I played, so who knows! Lots of invasions were going on for me and I noticed way better frame-rates than the original.
  • Maybe it was an issue with the Japanese servers. Glad to hear the US test went a bit better. I'll jump on again tonight when the servers are on again and give it another go. Fingers crossed. I'm not too worried though, From has a bit of a track record of having network issues early on. I remember the original release of DS1 being offline for a few days post launch. They'll get their shit together.
  • Second night went much better. Played for 2 hours and had zero crashes and zero connectivity issues. Woohoo.
  • I can't get over how good the frame-rate is. I've been playing as my bro Solaire and throwing lightning around like a mad-man. That iron pig always annoyed me while playing before, so I'd just kite it into the fire but the lightning made super short work of it.

All these years playing Dark Souls and it took me that long to figure how easy that thing is to kill.
  • If you shove your hand up his arse he dies pretty quick, same as the Bloodborne piggies. Looking forward to the full release now. What am I going to fill these 2 weeks with?
  • For historical records, the DS1R network test.

• Blighttown

• A Blighttown that doesn't run like ass? Yes.
  • Man, I kind of feel specially having played DSFix and had a solid 60 fps going through Blighttown.  I've never known the trials and tribulations you guys seems to have suffered.
  • Just under 18 hours to go until the game unlocks on PSN. Starting to get a little bit excited. 
  • Yeah, I've been playing it for a bit over an hour now on PS4. Good to be back in Lordran. Made myself a thief character this time around, got my white soap stone and been white phantoming for people. That DS1 co-op goodness. They've changed the way phantoms heal this time, it no longer depends on the host, phantoms can heal themselves, which I sort of do and don't like. 60fps is taking some getting used to. The enemies seem more dangerous this time, they fly across the screen. And that Havel at the bottom of the stairs, damn, the dude has been working on his twitch reflexes for sure. 

If anyone else is going PS4, feel free to hit me up for jolly co-operation.
  • I've only been playing for about an hour as a cleric.  I spent most of that time trying to make it all the way from Firelink down to the catacombs to get the Great Scythe, which I did.  Going to head towards the Grass Crest Shield next, and I should be good for a while to wreck shop.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week