Dark Souls 1 Remastered (PS4, Bone, Switch, PC)
  • Join the hype train! 

News, thoughts, hopes and dreams go here. 
  • I will be picking this up on all platforms (already pre-ordered the shit out of it), and aside from replatting it all over again on PS4 I'm really looking forward to hunting on the Switch. 

How about you all?
  • I'm currently replaying through Bioshock on my PS4, and it's a joy to recapture that experience. I'll definitely be getting this. Dark Souls was one of the best games of the last generation, and I'd be a fool not to re-experience it. 
  • I'm getting the fuck out of it, yes.
  • On the fence. I never play a From game twice, so at launch holds little appeal. Maybe during a slow release period, after the price drops. Also fuck Rom. She ain't in Souls uno, but fuck her.
  • I see this is a great opportunity for those who were late on getting on the DS1 train.  The biggest draw is that all the PvP covenants are going to be incredibly active again.  I'm looking forward to getting some legit action in Blade of the Darkmoon.
  • Owww yea :-)
  • Btw, I ran across a build calculator that might be useful for some people who want to plan out their characters before jumping in.

I think I'm likely going to run something like this.  125 should still be the meta pvp level.  Running DMB with Power Within should be some pretty crazy damage.

• It'll be interesting to see if they fix the soul dupe glitch for this release, otherwise people are going to be SL120 in no time. Best thing about the remaster is that the storage box glitch will never be a thing so OP assholes won't be able to grief low level new players. That and functional covenants plus a lively community again makes this a no-brainer imo. Summoning was always a bit unstable in DS1 but with the summons system from DS3 and Bloodborne coming across to DS1 it should be great. I read somewhere the same guys who did the Dragon's Dogma remake are doing DS1 too, and since Dragon's Dogma turned out good I'm anticipating greatness.
  • Solaire is getting an Amiibo.

If Nintendo make a DS series of Amiibo I may just have to put up a new shelf. 

• Doesn't look too "remastered" yet. But, I know I'm still gonna buy it.
  • It's DS1 with DS3 mechanics. That's huge. Plus, up to 6 people in the one game (co-op phantoms plus invaders combined). We still don't know what changes (if any) have been made to the covenants but since they were one of the biggest problem points in the original I'd be surprised if they didn't tweak them to be more functional. As for the visuals, looks good to me. It was never going to look like The Order "look at that fucking water" 1886.

• Just would like to reiterate that the biggest draw for me is having active covenants again.  Graphics or additional content be damned.

• @Dr Flibble

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as a schoolgirl for it. 

Also, the ability to change covenants at the bonfire is a nice touch too. I'm just excited to see a super populated, active, original Dark Souls experience again. Plus, it includes the expansion and the PvP arenas from said expansion and I really enjoyed the PvP arena aspect of the later Souls entries, so yay.

I'm just hoping Blighttown performs a wee bit better.
  • Blighttown at more than 2 frames per second? Yes please. That's probably the first place I'm headed when I get my hands on the game.
  • You guys used the DSfix mod for Dark Souls on PC right? Among other things, it fixed the framerate in places like Blighttown.
  • Yeah, but DS on PC sucks. It's a hacker's paradise. I'll take console any day over PC if possible.
  • @Lantis

I own it on both Xbox and PC. I had DSfix but the hackers made me want to shoot myself.

• It ain't Dark Souls Remasterbated edition, but it is my favorite souls tuber.  DS3 invasions.  I swear I only watch for the sound effects.  The squeaky toy is my favorite.  I also like that he shows many a fail.
  • Unfortunately I didn't play DS1 until PvP was practically non-existent.  So I won't be able to know how bad things were with hackers.  PvE with DSfix did nothing but offer a nearly flawless running game though.
  • https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-17-dark-souls-on-switch-just-got-delayed

PS4 & BONE for May 25, Switch version delayed until sometime in summer. 
  • Will get it one off the few titles,i don't mind buying new
  • I'm ready to dive into a populated and better running DS1. Hell, the thoughts of a Blighttown that doesn't run like shit has me EXCITED.
  • But if I don't die from a fall from trying to walk a tightrope at 4 frames a second with a 2 second delay, is it really Blighttown?
  • Blighttown... the one thing that makes me hesitate putting the disc back in...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week