Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 01/01/18
  • Well, that happened.  Sorry for the week long gap, folks, Christmas almost literally descended on our house this year so I never seemed to have a moment for making a new thread on here.

(360) Skyrim Made a tentative start on the Dark Brotherhood quest line, but in all honesty, having completed the main story my desire to return to Tamriel has been waning pretty hard.  Crazy to think that, with over 250 hours logged in the game there are still dozens of long quests that I could dig into, and I'm sure I would really enjoy all of them, but I think I might have reached Skyrim Saturation.  Plus, I don't know if I really want to be in the Dark Brotherhood after all - they made me kill Narfi! What had he ever done?

(PS3) FIFA 16 For those of you not familiar, the Festive period in England has a heavy density of football games with Boxing Day and New Year's Day fixtures on top of the regular weekend matches.  And watching that much real football always makes me want to play this - besides, I'm not really feeling Skyrim at the moment and until I decide what game I want to play next (thinking The Last of Us) I'll always default back to FIFA or Forza.  As I'm mostly playing this fairly casually, I'm just burning through matches (not replaying losses as I often would in the old days) so after talking the other week about losing a good player but strengthening the squad overall in the summer break I'm almost up to the January trading window.  

Notts County are currently 5th in the Premier League and have made it into the knockout stages of the Champion's League(!) - with the windfall that comes from progress in the CL plus some money I cheekily saved from last year (you normally lose most of your budget as you roll into a new season, but if you bump up a random squad player's salary you can carry some cash over into the next one if you then sell that player on and save on that salary), I'm thinking that I might try and strengthen the defensive midfield positions - I have a couple of promising youngsters coming through in those places, but have no current superstar in there.

OK, that's waaay more detail on a game that I'm claiming not to particularly care about at the moment.  What have the rest of you been up to over the break?
  • (Xbox One) PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - Been squading up and playing a few rounds at night. Not got a Chicken Dinner yet but been in the top 10 a few times although that is rare. The more I play the more I can see why people like it so much.

(PC) Football Manager 2018 - FM is a great series and the changes to this years addition seem minor but I'm glad Data Analysts seem a bit more useful than the last game.
  • COD WW2 - Mainly this for the past couple of days. I'm trying to get the multiplayer trophies done and at the moment they are doing 2XP so I'm taking the opportunity to cut the grind time in half. The multiplayer cracks me up. Every second person you fight is either diving to the ground in front of you, bunny hopping like a madman, or running around trying to flank people to get shovel kills. And then they complain that loot boxes landing on Omaha Beach is "unrealistic". I would love to see D-Day recreated with actors behaving like COD players.

Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition - Got this on the Bone. I liked Bulletstorm so thought I'd give it a go and try the new Duke Nukem mode. The game is OK. It's a pity nobody plays the co-op horde modes because that was always the best part of the game for me. Duke Nukem is unnecessary and adds nothing to the game.

Bloodborne - Played the unlocked content in the chalice dungeons.
  • OK, it has been a while since I've been around. Its been crazy hectic lately.

Nex Machina (PS4) I beat this, and it was a lot of fun. Pink bullets everywhere!

I Am Setsuna (PS4)
    I beat this game and I quite enjoyed it. Not enough to go back and beat the optional bosses but still fun.

DOOM (XbOne)
    Yes I finally started this. I'm currently stuck on the 3rd level boss fight. But I'm going to keep at it. (I still prefer Serious Sam over Doom)

Sacrament of the Zodiac: The Confused Sheep and the Tamed Wolf (PC)
    I got a new mouse and keyboard because my old ones were getting old so I thought I'd test them out with a visual novel. I'm still at the beginning.

Thats it I think. I haven't had a lot of time or energy to play games too much lately.
  • Oldie but a goodie, Flib. What you were saying, but in reverse, kind of. 

• I didn't see many blokes standing on the beach with sniper rifles taking out the guys in the pill boxes G. It's a pity Tom didn't do any bunny hops or belly flops but I have a vivid imagination and chuckled nonetheless.

Vamp, I can see that. I think Serious Sam would appeal more to people who are into bullet hell stuff. I hope in the future you find the right abusive girl to settle down with. You know, the type of lass that starts throwing crockery and furniture about during an argument. Pure bliss for a guy such as yourself. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week