Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 04/12/17
  • See last week's rubbish post?  Same this week, only I've been away from my laptop so much I couldn't even post about it.  Roll on Christmas...
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) I beat the story mode. This game was a lot of fun. There are 2 worlds that unlock after the story, the 1st you need 250 moons (which I had before finishing the story), and the 2nd needs 500 moons. So I've been replaying some of the stages to get the moons that I missed and I'm about 38 moons away from 500. I'm getting a bit burned out though so I don't know if I'll get around to the post game stuff. Anyway this is definitely on my top 10 list for the year.

That's it. I have no idea what I feel like playing next. Open world type games tend to burn me out really quickly. I should maybe try an action/arcade game next or a shmup or something. There are a few other visual novels I've been wanting to try out too... There are just too many games, it usually takes me a week or more to decide on something. :p
  • Vamp, what the fuck man? You want a non-open world action/arcade type game? DOOM!!!! 

DOOM - Finished the campaign, went back and got all the collectibles, now I just have to do the rune challenges for plat. I also noticed that all the multiplayer crap previously locked behind a season pass was now free and available to all, so I had another go at multiplayer. It's changed a lot since I last played it. 

The Surge - The Bone playthru continues. I'm at the 4th boss now and grinding souls to level up my gear and dude. I'm very tempted to buy the DLC because it looks quite awesome. The DLC takes place in Creo World, an amusement park located within the Creo facility, and which has you fighting animatronic mascot characters like Mr Donuthead and whatnot. Think Disneyland and Mickey Mouse, only this time you have a chainsaw arm and can chop parts off of Mickey to make a Mickey suit of armour. So ridiculous it's cool. I have noticed however that a lot of side quests in the main game have been bugging out on me so I wonder if the addition of the DLC caused some problems or if they were there all along. My PS4 experience went pretty smoothly so maybe I just got lucky that time. Who knows? Anyway my road to 1000G is full of obstacles at the moment.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Finished off the campaigns. It was OK. I preferred the first game over this one though. It all felt really disjointed, and doing the same missions twice with the 2 different characters didn't do it for me.

XCOM 2 - I bought this when it first came out and am only now getting around to it. Played a couple of missions and so far it hasn't grabbed me. I don't know what it is yet, but it might be the setting. I liked the 1950's B-movie feel of the first game, this one doesn't have that. I'll give it a few more tries.  
  • Really interested to see you sticking with The Surge - as our resident Soulsophile if it passes muster with you, it must be doing something right.
  • The Surge is a great little game. People avoid it because its the same guys who did Lords of the Fallen, and those people be missing out! This is one group of devs willing to stick around, brave the hate storms, and fix their shit. The "A Walk in the Park" DLC for Surge has been a blast. I hope they get enough sales to do more. 
  • Been playing some Civilization 6 when I can steal my bf’s laptop from him. A lot of fun, but I might be too nice. I don’t want to go to war and make enemies. :(
  • Finished Uncharted 4, saying goodbye to Marvel Omega, finished Frozen Wilds, kinda chugging through Darksiders part deux cuz it's free. Man does it feel dated.

Xcom 2 is very good, but not as good as Xcom. It's either you're killing them with cheesy moves, or zap, your team gets rolled up like a blanket. 2 just takes that one slip and you are done thing a step too far.
  • Exactly nuffin. I can't bring myself to play more Call of Duty but I don't want to play through anything till I have seen that off.

I bought PUBG on Xbox last night. I may see how that plays tonight for a while.
  • I downloaded the free fortnite battle royal for PS4 but can't bring myself to go get stomped yet. I have really enjoyed some let's plays of fortnite.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week