Loot Box Inferno
  • What do people think about the meltdown currently happening around loot boxes? I've been enjoying the shitshow immensely. It's nice to finally see gamers stop bending over and spreading their cheeks for whatever the industry throws at them, the straw that broke the camel's back has at last been located, and the limit to which the average mouth-breathing gamer can be pushed appears to have been established. Much later than I would have liked but beggars can't be choosers. 

Personally I thought games like Battlefront 2 and Shadow of War were disgusting, and I'm glad I didn't buy either of them. I think loot boxes need to die or if kept, get a major overhaul. I'm not against the idea of loot boxes or card packs in general, but they should not be linked to character progression or give unfair advantages to one player over another, should be easily obtained through in-game efforts without needing to spend real money, and need to be a hell of a lot cheaper both in real money and in in-game currency prices. $15 for one pack of cards,Gears 4? Get fucked.

This is a pretty good video explaining EA's practices and the evolution of their loot box system.

This is a personal nightmare

• I'm fine with loot boxes as long as it's cosmetic items only (looking at you Overwatch) but I absolutely agree that advantages given out by lootboxes is absolutely fucked.
  • I don't have a problem with the way Overwatch has done it. Yes it's only cosmetic, but more importantly, the game is pretty generous handing them out. They also don't have bullshit like regular and elite loot boxes, an Overwatch loot box is an Overwatch loot box and that's it. And if you don't get what you want from the boxes it also hands out in-game currency pretty regularly, so you can just buy what you want.
  • In free to play games i am ok with it, but not games full price games.
  • @Epke

Agreed.

And it feels so good to see EA get dealt all this shit from the fans and gamers. It's about fucking time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week