Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 13/11/17
  • I'm getting worse at keeping this up to date, but take it as read until I say otherwise that my WiGs will always be...

(360) Skyrim Not very much in the last 7 days, but as I didn't do an update last week, there's been a fair bit of progress.  I've completed the main part of the Thieves' Guild story arc and am now head honcho in the Riften underworld.  Apparently there's still more that I can do (multiple small quests in every single hold), but I don't know if I've got that in me.  Maybe I'll pick them up and do the jobs as I'm passing through towns on other business.

The Stormcloak revolution is almost done, but I think I'll push forward with the main story line before I do that as I've done a little reading ahead and it sounds as if there are some interesting missions if I'm attempting to do that while the war is still raging.  I also haven't been down to Blackreach in a while and I want to summon the dragon that's hiding down there.  Still have loads of side missions stacking up, I can easily see how people spend thousands of hours on this game...

OK, that's it for me.  Let's hear how you're closing the year out as we head into game of the year time.
  • Battlefront - Just a few games.

Agents of Mayhem - Did a little trophy hunting but I'm done with it.

Wolfenstein - Playing through again on PS3. It's horrendous compared to the PS4 version. You can go make a sandwich while waiting for those textures to pop in. I think I'm almost done with the playthru, then I'll go back and get the stuff I missed. Then I can maybe make a start on Wolfenstein 2.

Resident Evil Revelations - Finished a playthru.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Never played this before, so started it after giving myself a refresher with the first game. Shouldn't have bothered though, since it has fuck all to do with anything in the first game. I don't mind this one, but the buddy system where one player scouts and one player fights is a bit shit. Can't say much more about it yet since I've only just finished the first episodes for Claire and Barry, but it's been fun so far.

• Horizon Frozen Wilds

Enjoying it, solid amount of content for a reasonable price. New weapons, new critters and some challenges that are appropriate for level 50. A beautiful game that does nothing to piss you off. Smooth, professional like naughty dog.
  • Resident Evil 6

I remember buying it on release back in 2012 or whenever it came out and being disappointed in some aspects, mainly with Leon's campaign being the really only good one other than Sherry Birkin's/Jake's and the lack of weapon customization I had come to love in Resident Evil 4 and 5. I bought it again back in January of this year while I waited for Resident Evil 7 to come out. It was on sale for like $5 on Xbox One so I thought what the heck.

I know I'm on the rarer spectrum preferring this one over Resident Evil 5 in some aspects, but this one is more fun with a partner where as RE5 was more fun as a solo experience in my opinion. I'm running through Chris' campaign right now and it's reminding me how much I disliked his stuff in the game. It's TOO action-y having to fight those damn J'avo dudes with guns. 

The part with the giant Yawn-esque snake is the only good part of his story. Speaking of Chris, I'm curious to see if that really is him in Resident Evil 7's 'Not A Hero' DLC that releases next month for free. I have my doubts.

I also never got to play much of the multiplayer modes other than co-op in this one. I don't think I will either. I smell probable dead servers.
  • Libra of the Vampire Princess (Steam) I finished the last route and got all the achievements. It took 47 hours to do that and I still didn't look at the 5 bonus scenes at the end yet. I mostly enjoyed this game. It is a bit too long, and it did drag in the middle, and some routes are clearly better than others, and it was really frustrating in parts (like wasted potential) I would have taken it in a completely different direction in spots, but it was mostly okay. The next Visual Novel I play needs to be a bit shorter though.

That was it. Finally, I can get back into South Park this week. Then Blackberry Honey, and then Super Mario Odyssey and by then it will probably be 2018. Sigh... there were way more games I was hoping to play before the year ends.
  • Overwatch (PC)

My lack of posting in these threads has been driven mostly by the fact that, for the last 4 weeks or so, OW has been my only game played, and I suppose there is only so much I can say about a game that has resided in this thread, on my behalf, a lot. I now have about 250 hours in it. I'm still just ok.

Diablo 3 (PC)

The good news for new, revelatory postings, is that I started a new seasonal monk in Diablo 3, and... oh shit I have even more hours than OW in this game. Oh. Well. Yeah. Damn. 
  • Super Mario Odyssey

I have seen credits. I have heard the post game is rather interesting so i will definitely play more just not right now. The game though. The game is incredible. I haven't been hooked on a mario game before this one. Definitely the best game I have played on the switch. The best mario game ever (for me) and maybe even my GOTY.

Call of Duty WW2

Let me try and get in a Flib state of mind for this one. This game is horrendous. Utter dog shite. The story is terrible , it's been done better in the past and possibly by the same series. It plays terrible on Xbone. Hitches up every so often when loading areas. Looks terrible in multiplayer. I mean I get they needed it to run at 60 but at what cost. The multilayer is just boring too. Avoid this game. I always give COD another shot. I probably will next year. I need to come to terms with the fact that I haven't liked these games since Black Ops 2.
  • Oh and some Resident Evil 7 on Madhouse. I'm buying a Switch next week, so.
  • (PS4) Destiny 2 - The only thing I seem to play lately is Destiny 2. I got my Titan up to 302-303 and so far I've still not completed the raid but I've got to the final boss twice. Going to keep trying to get the raid done, hopefully I can manage it before the next raid is out...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week