Noob's Choice Awards 2017: Main Thread & Voting Thread

(Someone remind @sloth  to move all of these topics to their own category. Thanks love)

The time has come for us once again to pick up our ballots and begin voting in the annual Noob's Choice Awards for 2017! We've seen some wonderful games come out this year, and I have no doubt that we should see some interesting results in this year's polls. Some minor rules and tweaks to keep in mind when voting.

Early Access games can be voted for as long as their final release was in 2017. 
    • Voting for Best New IP needs to be a fresh, new IP.
    • Minecraft cannot be voted for.
    • Episodic titles that finished their story in 2017 are counted as 2017 releases.
    • The Indie Game category works for every platform. PC, Mac, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Switch, Handhelds, Mobile, etc. There's a lot to go for in this category.
    • Voting runs from November 1st, 2017 - December 31st, 2018. Luckily, the topic is going up a few hours early to get it out of the way.
    • To avoid clutter, all categories will be discussed in this thread. 
    • Votes are only counted on the form itself. Votes in the thread DO NOT count.

---
    November 1st, 2017 - December 31st, 2017

Noob's Choice 2016 Winners:

Game Of The Year - Overwatch

Worst Game - No Man's Sky

Most Surprising - Hitman

Most Disappointing - The Division

Most Anticipated of 2017 - Mass Effect: Andromeda

Best Sequel - Dark Souls III & XCOM 2

Best Add-On/Expansion - Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel

Best Use of Music - Final Fantasy 15

Best Graphics - Final Fantasy 15 & Uncharted 4

Best Indie Game - Stardew Valley

Best Handheld Game - Pokemon Sun/Moon

Best Remake/Reboot - DOOM

Best New IP - Overwatch

Best Story/Singleplayer - DOOM

Best Cooperative Experience - Dark Souls III

Best Competitive Experience - Overwatch

Best New Character - Noctis (Final Fantasy 15)

• This is actually a little tough this year. A lot of good (and shit) games to choose from. 
  • Oh wow our most anticipated was mass effect. We were so dumb.
  • I really hope Resident Evil 7 wins some stuff. It was such a surprising game for me, ugh! VOTES.

That said, I'm really looking forward to what you all have thought about this year and the votes. Like we did in the past years for the awards before I took over I'll also be sharing the runner-up game for each category, just for fun.

Some of the categories were tough for me seeing as I didn't play a whole lot in terms of new releases or atleast don't remember. We've still got some game releases leading up to the end of the awards, so there's time!
  • ME:A wasn't my most anticipated. I think mine was Nioh. 

I had the same problem Manio, there are a lot of games I'd like to see get something this year. It's actually kind of good that From Software hasn't dropped a bomb again. The past few years has been a bit of a From-a-thon. 

Some of the games I tossed up for votes were Nioh, Horizon, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, RE7, The Surge, and Cuphead. I was quite shocked to see Nintendo not only even on my list, but twice!  
  • Played a limited amount of 2017 releases, so I am definitely not voting until the very end in case I play more. Will have to skip some categories. I will say the two games that have most impressed me from this year so far were Nier: Automata and Divinity: Original Sin 2. And as much as Andromeda did do things wrong, I am such a sucker for space opera I still chewed through it with a very high completion percentage in like a week.
  • I still have games to play but I think I have a good idea of the games I'd vote for. I've never been a Nintendo guy but like Flib I too voted for mario, Zelda and actually added kart in there too.
  • Hoping I can play Nioh before the timer runs out D:
  • Nioh was a blast, but unless you enjoy the Diablo 3 loot grinding system you won't get much out of it once you've killed everything. I loved my time with it, but it couldn't hold me once I'd got the 100% like the Soulsborne games could. However I also haven't tried it since they added pvp so it might be more interesting now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week