Noobtoob's Week in Gaming - 18/9/17
  • Here lies the Egg. In his prolonged absence, one wonders... are we not all destined to wander, endlessly, from thread to thread, website to website, searching for something more? And if so, then I suppose, I must say; hello, my friend, stay awhile, and let us hear what you have been playing.

Mirage: Arcane Warfare (PC): It's still kind of clunky, still too empty, and still frustrating at times. And then you get into a nice 3v3 or 4v4 and it all clicks. Alas, it's just too much work and chance to have that happen.

Path of Exile (PC): I cleared Act 3/Part 1 and also attempted in vain to achieve my ascendancy class on my Ranger. I'll need a few more levels before I take on the boss again, or I'll have to completely redo my build, which is an elemental trap build - a slight problem, as the boss is resistant to all elemental damage. They've made a few QoL adjustments since I last played, mostly in the form of more in-game tips, as well as map markers that point you in the direction of exits/entrances once you get somewhat close to them. It's still no Diablo 3 in how it attempts to remove some of the anachronistic traits of early and mid 2000s games in this genre, but their stubborn stance is starting to bend. Now if only they would double or triple your inventory limit...
  • Nights of Azure (PS4) I beat this and got the true ending. The optional boss fights were really fun and kinda challenging. I feel a little bad that I cheesed one of the fights though. You can equip items in this game, so if you have the Nightmare transformation, and equip an item that makes your projectiles stronger and an item that ups your stun value, all you have to do to win is transform and mash projectiles and the boss gets stunlocked and dies super quick. Also if you change a setting and beat the game again, it gives you a non cannon extra ending that I thought was a pretty cool touch, like a what if this had happened. I really enjoyed this game and the True ending was good. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Dishonored Death of the Outsider (XbOne) I started this, its great, but... with my Castlevania playthru coming up in October, I'm not going to have time to get thru this right now, and I love this series so I don't want to just rush thru this. So I will come back to this after October.

Splatterhouse via Namco Museum (Switch) I needed something to play while I'm waiting to play Castlevania so I thought why not its almost Halloween and I don't play enough Switch games. I've gotten to stage 3, and its decent fun.

That's it. My allergies have been fucking killing me lately (I hate September) so I haven't been feeling up to playing games as much as I'd like. Plus its really hard to play anything when I have to stop to blow my nose literally about every 60 seconds. This week is not looking much better in that department. I cannot wait for fall.
  • Destiny 2
    Got to max level, power level is like 279. Trying to tackle the Raid, etc. It's neat. Definitely not a dumpster fire like the first one, and the "microtransactions" are only for cosmetics, so yay.
  • I did the Destiny 2 raid Tuesday and I think I'm done with the game for now (for now). What a truly wonderful game. I have put 48 hours into the game in just over a week. I finished up with 292 power after the raid and a badass exotic helmet with horns on.

Post Destiny I have made a little more progress on Mario and Rabbid's guys that game gets hard in the latter half.
  • Overwatch - Playing with the new Mercy and D-Va. I like Junkertown, it's a fun map. New Mercy is excellent, really shook up the way the game is played and makes her so much more useful. I like the new D-Va, but they nerfed her defense matrix a bit too much, she can get shredded way too easily now. I levelled up to 26 on the Bone so I can do ranked matches now if I want.

Gears 4 - Did a few matches here and there.

Garden Warfare 2 - I have now got almost every character unlocked.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - I never finished this back on PS3 (got pretty far but stopped) so I'm trying again with the remaster. I'm beginning to remember why I never finished it. It's too long, with not enough variety in enemies. The bosses are pretty fun, but the regular enemy encounters are just a chore. I'll try to see it through this time but I don't know how it'll go when other games start calling for attention.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week