Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 24/07/17
  • {HOLDING TEXT TO BE REPLACED WHEN I'M NOT RUNNING AROUND LIKE MY HAIR IS ON FIRE}
  • Diablo 3 (PC): Started playing a Necromancer in the new season, haven't made as much progress as I would like. Class seems ok, co-op when you both are running around with a skeleton army can get chaotic. Class feels a bit squishy right now, the general belief from the open beta was that it's underpowered, but I haven't gotten to end game yet, so we'll see. Hopefully I can get to 70 this week and start working on end game rifts and stuff.

Overwatch (PC): A few mystery hero matches, nothing new. Had a good match as Zarya, another good one as Widowmaker. 
  • Nekopara Vol. 1 (Steam) I finished the game. I didn't know how I felt about the main character in the middle, but now that I've finished I hate him. Just comes off as a jerk but everyone of the other characters seem to love him. Other than that I enjoyed this one. I'll probably play something else before going to Vol. 2.

Iron Fisticle (Steam) I started this since I was excited about the sequel, its decently fun. Its  a slower paced Twin stick shooter and I really like that about it. I beat the 1st of 4 floors.

Diablo III (XbOne) I got to Act 3 with my Witch Doctor who is now at level 60+. I want to get into the season stuff, but I haven't yet because I want to finish the story at least once first.

Crash Bandicoot HD (PS4) Got to near the end of the game, still frustrating as hell, I don't know why I keep going back to it.

That's it for last week, More Diablo this week.
  • Overwatch - Played a few games on the Bone.

Dark Souls series - The playthrus continue.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Played through the campaign, now just trying to get all the collectables. It was a fun game, but they really didn't stray far from the formula of the previous game. A lot of the scenes are straight up recreations. I hope they take some risks with the next game, and maybe make some more interesting puzzles.
  • Bloodborne - Went back and beat the final boss. Somehow I forgot and never finished. NG+ now.
  • @Manio Did you do the DLC? Bloodborne DLC is some good DLC.
  • @Dr Flibble I do love shmups so that was probably a factor in my love of Nier Automata.

Also, I'm slowly trying to put together a list of games that I do absolutely want to beat in 2017. There are a lot that I'd like to get to but I know I'm only going to have time to finish 6-10 games before the year is out. And thats only if I can pull myself away from Diablo III.
  • @Dr Flibble

I did some DLC but just realized I didn't finish it on my first playthrough. I was at the Orphan of Kos fight I believe. Next run I'll polish it up.
  • Not particularly too much in the way of playing games. I did watch my girlfriend run through the entirety of ABZU. That is such a beautiful game especially on the PS4 Pro.

As for me I dabbled with a little Splatoon 2. It's very much more of the same but anything new for the switch is cool these days. I think this may be the first game on the console I dislike playing in handheld mode. I just don't feel competitive at all. I'm not sure if it's the small screen or the feel of the tablet opposed to the pro controller. This game is very much a dock and play game for me.

I progressed a little (and I do only mean a little) further in Crash Bandicoot This game is just frustratingly difficult. It's unbelievable how frustrated I get playing Crash. I've resorted to playing for 30-40 minutes. Have one shot at the level I'm on. If I don't complete it. Turn it off, relax and try the next day.

Finally me and the other half tried out Overcooked. Working out the best way to work the levels and make the dishes is so much fun. You get a real feeling of accomplishment when you smash that 3 stars on a level (we are trying to 3 star every level).
  • @nutta27

Did you try the free DLC level for the first game? Talk about difficult.
  • @Manio a dlc crash level. I wasn't even aware there was one? Where do I find this?
  • @nutta27

Should be on the PSN Store for Crash Bandicoot, that's where I found it. It's a level originally meant to be in the first Crash game back when it first released on PS1, but was deemed too difficult by the developers and removed from the final release until now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week