Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 26/06/17
  • Work continues to kick my arse, boo hoo poor me etc...

(360) Skyrim This isn't a game, I live here now.

(PS3) FIFA16 What can I tell you? The heart wants what the heart wants.

You might have the same story of real life getting in the way of gaming, or you may have had a week of enormous success. Tell us about it.

P.S. It is now so cold in England I might have to put the heating back on tonight.
  • Overwatch (PC): I had a really good night the other night as Widowmaker and Winston (32/15 with 8k damage in one match), and have been playing well lately. Concurrently, I've racked up a ton of wins, and accomplished the full 9 wins to get 3 loot boxes in 11 games. Groovy. Time to retire!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC): I felt like playing it some. The original, I don't have the remake. Played a bunch of matches on a server with HC mode on and free-for-all, that was fun. Started off really poorly but got better as it went, and grabbed enough XP to make good progress on unlocks. Did a little bit of the campaign. Game holds up mostly pretty well although the air support stuff has always felt cheap. And the story is sooooooooooooo bad.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PC): I tried to play some MP but the game is basically completely and utterly dead. Where as MW1 had thousands of players still, MW3 had...  51. lol.

Marvel Heroes (PC): Last couple days of the anniversary event. I'm about tapped out on leveling. I grinded a little bit of loot for The Hulk. Do want to try to cap out one or two more heroes while it's super fast.
  • Mass Effect Andromeda - Started a playthru on insane difficulty. Haven't done much yet. It's not been too tough.

Gears 4 - Playing the new Horde update. Went the full 50 with 2 of the 5 classes. Hard to find a good team though.

Dark Souls 2 - Played a bit more on the Bone. 

Zelda BotW - Currently dicking around in the castle heading towards the boss. I beat 2 of his forms before running out of weapons (again, hooray for weapons with the durability of wet donuts). So I'm planning on going back out to scrounge weapons and arrows.

The Surge - Sci-fi Dark Souls. I'm smitten so far. 2 bosses down and almost at a 3rd I think. It's been a while since the 2nd one and I've made quite a bit of progress. 
  • I jumped back into Battlefield 1 randomly the other night and had so much fun, which shocked me. I'm generally not a big multiplayer guy.

Again though most of my gaming time has been in Zelda Breath of the Wild. I actually took a big leap forward in the game this past week. I've done one of the divine beasts. Sourced out 10 of the 12 photos and been to get the master sword.

The divine beast was so much easier than I expected. I expected a grand battle that would take hours and really it's a dungeon who's puzzles aren't that complicated and a quick boss fight. Don't get me wrong though that was fun. This whole game is hell of fun.

The plan now is to go get two more photos which will allow me to get the "good ending". Take on the three other divine beasts and go kick Gannons in the arse hole.

• @Dr Flibble - Go get the master sword dude. It does 30 damage to regular enemies but doubles to 60 against anyone who is taken over by the calamity. It doesn't break but if you use it against none calamity enemies it will run out of power and need to recharge (making it unusable for 5 minutes).
  • (PC) Theme Hospital - Saw a You Tube video on this and this made me want to go back to it. Got a few levels in and I'm now on a level that involves training new doctors.

(Xbox One) Battlefield 1 - The game on the Xbox One seems to be causing a lot of stutter and freezing for me.

(PC) Wolfenstein: The New Order - Played another level.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week