(PC/PS4/XB1) The Surge

The Surge is an upcoming science fiction action role-playing game video game in development by Deck13 Interactive, and published by Focus Home Interactive. Deck13 Interactive described the game as "Rise of the Robots and Souls-style, super-challenging third-person melee combat, but through the lens of a sci-fi setting". The game is scheduled for release in May 2017, for Microsoft WindowsPlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

The Surge is designed in the challenging Role-playing game style of the Rise of the Robots and Souls series of games. The gameplay involves players using an exoskeleton to battle enemies. The exoskeleton can be customized through the game using "modular upgrades" according to the developer. The combat allows players to target different body parts of enemies, as well as utilize finishing moves often ending in dismemberment in bullet time fashion.

---
    So, it's like a new Soulslike game is coming out but with a futuristic-y, space vibe. I hear rumors of no multiplayer though, so it's a Soulslike without the co-op I guess?

• These are the guys who made Lords of the Fallen (another Souls clone with no multiplayer), which I enjoyed, so I'm interested to see how this turns out. People have been asking for a sci-fi take on Souls for a while now. Hopefully they do a good job with it, and have listened to the criticisms of Lords. The only other games I've played from these guys are Venetica and Blood Knights. Blood Knights was very poopy iirc and Venetica was meh too. I didn't make much progress in either game.

Looking forward to giving it a go, don't know if I'd drop $60 day 1 on it though.
  • I'd love to dip on this right away, but I still need to finish Bloodborne, it's DLC and Dark Souls 3 final DLC. Bleh.