PS4 update 4.5 allows External HD for gaming
  • Sony is finally bringing support for external hard drives to the PlayStation 4. With the next software update, PS4 owners will be able to download, install, and access games on an external hard drive. And about time too, as Xbox One owners have been able to do this for a while.

Most PlayStation 4 owners will be stuck using an internal hard drive with a 500GB capacity. It’s actually quite easy to upgrade your PS4 hard drive, but it still isn’t something most people will feel comfortable doing. Thankfully, with the arrival of version 4.50 of the PS4 system software, you’ll have another, even easier, option.

Link here; http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-external-hard-drive-ps4/

What the article doesn't say is that the HD is dedicated it can only used for the PS4
  • Cool. My 2 terabyte drive has some space, but I am all digital, fuck disks.
  • About time indeed. I just upgraded to a 2TB internal so I don't need this at the moment, but good to have an easy option in the future.
  • I'm half way through my 1TB and am completely digital.
    Very happy to hear this. The PSN store deals have actually been really great.
  • I had a 1TB drive in my PS4 and was having to constantly delete games off of it to make room for newer games.

I've now plugged in a 2TB external drive and have loads of games ready to play plus plenty of room for games in the future.
  • This is only just happening now? Okay
    Noobied by 1sloth

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week