(Multi) Yooka-Laylee | Official News & Pre-Discussion Thread

Developer: Playtonic Games
    Publisher: Team17
    Platforms: Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch
    Release Dates: April 11th, 2017
    Nintendo Switch: TBA

Yooka-Laylee is an upcoming platform video game developed by Playtonic Games and published by Team17 for LinuxmacOSMicrosoft WindowsNintendo SwitchPlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It was originally also in development for Wii U, but this version has since been cancelled due to "unforeseen technical issues".

It is being developed by Playtonic Games, a group of several former key personnel from Rare during the Nintendo 64 era, as a spiritual successor to their game series Banjo-Kazooie and other works. Among them, Banjo-Kazooie designers Chris Sutherland, Steve Mayles, Steven Hurst, and Grant Kirkhope reprise their respective roles. Similar to the title of Banjo-Kazooie being a play on the banjo and kazoo musical instruments, the title of Yooka-Laylee is a play on the ukulele.

---

Yooka and Laylee venture out from the safety of their home in Shipwreck Creek to explore deep inside the work halls of a baneful business known as the Hivory Towers, to find the "Pagies" needed to explore the mysterious Grand Tomes as the buddy-duo battle to stop Capital B and Dr. Quack from absorbing all the world's literature and converting it into pure profit.

---

E3 2016 Trailer

Toybox Release Trailer

Multiplayer Reveal Trailer

Nintendo Switch Trailer

Extended Look - Yooka-Laylee's First Level

---

So, is anyone else curious & picking this up? As a huge fan of Banjo-Kazooie I was sold a long time ago.

• Totally sold a long while back. I've been trying to avoid the coverage but from all the passing screen shots it looks great. Once it's around $40AUD and the initial reviews don't show it's a farce, I'll pick it up on whatever system is cheapest. I enjoyed the most recent Ratchet immensely even though it's shallow compared to its predecessors.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week