Noob's Choice Awards 2016: The Winners!
    The results are in for the annual Noob's Choice Awards. Not going to lie, the turn-out kind of sucked so it had an effect on the votes, but I'm still happy with the results. Let's get this going, shall we?

Game Of The Year - Overwatch

Worst Game - No Man's Sky

Most Surprising Game - Hitman 2016

Most Disappointing Game - The Division

Most Anticipated of 2017 - Mass Effect: Andromeda

Best Sequel - Dark Souls III / XCOM 2

Best Add-On/Expansion - Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel

Best Use of Music - Final Fantasy 15

Best Graphics - Final Fantasy 15 / Uncharted 4

Best Indie Game - Stardew Valley

Best Handheld Game - Pokemon Sun/Moon

Best Remake/Reboot - DOOM

Best New IP - Overwatch

Best Story/Singleplayer - DOOM

Best Co-operative Experience - Dark Souls III

Best Competitive Experience - Overwatch

Best New Character - Noctis (FF15)

And there you have the results of the Noob's Choice Awards 2016. Let it be known, Dark Souls III needed one more vote to take Game of The Year, and that is my fault for giving mine to Overwatch. Oh well! Let's do this again in December of 2017!

• @AshGooner lol Fifa didn't win anything bro
  • This is a great list. Well done Manio and thank you to everyone who voted.

The only things I would have deviated with:
    Personally my best single player and story would have been Firewatch.
    And my GOTY is a little indie iOS game called Sky Force Reloaded. My ID is 61 74 20 66 if anybody gets into it.
  • I think the voting has been tempered with! How can FIFA not win anything?! Are the Russians at it again?!
    Noobied by 1Manio
  • @AshGooner

You caught me. But no seriously. Nobody else voted for FIFA :(
  • I'm shocked but delighted it wasn't Dark Souls 3 this year. I couldn't have bounced off of that game any earlier. I think I'm getting From Software game fatigue.

It's awesome to see Stardew get a tip (if you have a PS4 pro don't play it. The game is crashing the system. I found out the hard way).

Also Overwatch is an incredible game. Wouldn't be my top spot but definitely top 5.
  • This year I'd like to suggest a new category. The FIFA of the year award. 

Thanks for doing these Manio, you rock. \o/
  • Dark Souls would have won if I didn't go Overwatch, so. Both were pretty neck and neck for my GOTY.
  • Overwatch was good but not GOTY material by a long shot.

Surprised people chose Division as most disappointing over NMS.

Everything else, pretty predictable.
  • Shocked Dark Souls 3 didn't win!
  • @amardilo I also expected Dark Souls to at least win one category.

@Dr Flibble No Man's Sky should have won the most disappointed game. It is one of the most shockingly polar opposite of what was marketed and sold to the final release that I can remember.

@Manio Thanks for setting this up, it is very much appreciated!
  • I shall be doing it again for 2017!

• @8drawt I agree but it was so bad that it the disappointment changed to rage! ;)
    For me The division is a big disappointment and an affront to Tom Glancy, never played a game where the grind is boring and infuriating at the same time. In Bloodborne/Dark souls it feels like i made a mistake, but the Division where enemies rush you and you have to shoot them with a 100 bullets and they only need 10, was mega annoying, i played it once more after the update, still the same crap delete, i even found Destiny more enjoyable than the Division but i hate the game that put stuff behind a paywall after an update.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week