Titanfall 2 (PC|PS4|XB1)

Titanfall 2 is the upcoming sequel to Titanfall, the game that tried to finesse and fanangle some accessibility and parkour out of the first person shooter genre. Titanfall 2 continues, like the first, to rock the boat slightly; there is no season pass and all DLC is free (it's so bad that I have to consider that outside the norm now). After hearing the complaints, there is also a single player campaign mode that serves as a way to introduce players to both pilot and mech functionality. There are tons of little QOI things in the UI that look neat, from the way crosshairs work, to how clean and minimalist everything is. I appreciated the first game's attempts to both be more welcoming to beginners to the genre, and to be free-flowing and movement centric. Everything suggests that so far, the sequel is a massive improvement over an original game whose community dropped dead pretty fast.

It comes out at midnight. Anyone getting it? Looking forward to it? Thoughts?
  • I've heard some good things from critics. I'll dive in after ya'll have dropped some opinions.
  • I wasn't planning on getting this straight away but after reading some reviews I think I might get it.
  • I really liked the original Titanfall on XB1, debating getting the second one but Battlefield 1 seems so much more enticing
  • So I've played through about 70% of the campaign based on how long I've read it is, and tried my first multiplayer match. Still early but it feels great. Very fluid, movement based, elegant, most importantly perhaps it's not as overly busy as 1 was in multiplayer where some matches could devolve into mid-map clusterfucks. Same with piloting a Titan; 1 suffered from an all too busy and chaotic UI when in one, but my first match had no such problem, even when fighting a couple other Titans.
  • I have (I think) 2 campaign missions left and I've played a handful of the multiplayer.

I really like this. I'm not a huge online shooter guy but I'm having fun. The game has even nudged me into going out and picking up a pair of Astro a50's because I just wanted it to sound amazing. I'm generally happy to sit there and listen to games through my shitty TV speakers.
  • I finished the campaign and thought it was good overall as it seemed like a mix between a FPS and puzzle platformer.

I am however having trouble playing the multiplayer. I really liked the multiplayer on the original Titanfall (so much so I got to the highest level/generation) but I can't really make myself useful in this. Also the maps I tried seem more flat than the previous game and doesn't have as much verticality.
  • The campaign is increddible I wish there was more.

I'm liking the multiplayer. I don't think I'm as into it as I was iverwatch at the start of the year but it's dumb mindless fun. It can get a little hectic at times though.
  • I'm liking the campaign so far. It's almost how I used to imagine a Mechwarrior game when I was a wee lad.

I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer though. Just feels like COD to me. The titans are fun when you finally get them, but running about as a pilot is a whole lot of meh.

Fun, but glad I only paid $30 for it.
  • The level design on the campaign was just really good. 
  • I just ordered this for $30 during the holiday sale. Just waiting for it to get shipped now. :) I've heard good things from the Games Only Podcast.
  • Hey, there's about to be a free online weekend trial for this. but the game is a 45GB download, so I don't think I'm going to bite. 
    I guess some free DLC is also coming out?

Anyways, thought I'd post about it. 
  • Finished the campaign. I don't really know what the fuck was going on, but it was a dickload of fun. I never really found a use for all the different types of Titan loadouts though. I stuck with the first one for most of the game -it just felt most effective and versatile. It was only towards the end I felt the need to switch it up a bit because Viper was kicking my butt until I switched to another loadout.
  • This is currently $35 on consoles. Very tempted. Do you all think it's worth it?
  • Yes! It's worth the $35. It might tide you over until Final Direction 15 drops a bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week