Civilization VI (PC)

This came out last Friday, as the latest entry in the turn based strategy game where you lead a Civilization to endless war victory. I know I am not the only Noobtoober playing this. Anyone else? Thoughts?

AI decision making is wonky as hell. I like the more indepth city state and spy facets. I wish the maps were bigger but then I sit through a loading screen and see why they weren't. It's mostly pretty good so far although constant war is a slog, especially with how fast tech goes compared to building and moving.
  • 8drawt was talking about it, and I saw a few people in the NT steam group playing.
    I was telling 8drawt we should have made an event for it too the other day. But I didn't because I don't own it, and doubt I'll get it. (I don't really play RTS)
  • I started playing but resigned to the fact that I am too dumb and worn for Civ 6 tonight. I will retry on a weekend morning. I've never played Civ before but enjoy its simplified clones greatly.

Its a really pleasant game to boot into. The music is nice, the interface has little chimes, and the narrator's husky manliness is very compelling at the reduced pace he dictates. I like all this a lot.
  • I quickly setup a game using the default settings and ending up spending over 10 hours playing this game!

I started on Prince difficulty and early on the barbarians were a lot tougher than they have been in past Civ games I've played. They got easier as they game progressed but it was a long old battle with them early on (for Prince difficulty).

So far I've only played 1 game and lost to the CPU but it's a great game to chillout with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week