(Multi) Resident Evil 7: Official Discussion Thread
  • Honestly, I am probably checking out at this point. Maybe 3 years ago this could have seemed cool. But in a post PT (which probably had more creativity and narrative in one demo than this whole game will have, sadly) and post "1000000000000 indie first person horror games set in a creepy house" world, this just seems like it's going to be.... uninspiring? Same-y? It's been a weird journey to this point. I played and enjoyed 1-3 and 5, and the series definitely evolved into more a TPS than a survival horror, so I guess if you're looking for fear again, maybe this will float your boat, but all I feel when I watch the video is "wow, I've seen this 100 times before and all in like the past 24 months."
  • Haven't finished 6 yet, better action games out there, if they go back to the roots i maybe interested
  • RE6 and the spin offs were a bit of a mess, so I don't hold out much hope for this. I like that they're trying something different for the next game, but that different has already been flogged hard the last couple of years.

Just HD remake RE2 & 3 for fucks sake already.
  • I mean, we are getting an HD remake of RE2 at some point in the future which is nice as long as it's not episodic.
  • Yeah I'm pretty much over limited editions and all that. I think the last Happy Meal edition I bought was Dead Space 2 with that lame gun. Just give me the game.
  • I guess in some sense having a fully fledged AAA game making a game like this is ok, since most are indie/small-dev but LOL that voice acting of the enemies. It's like the worst stereotypical southern black dude.
  • I've pre-ordered the game because the demo sold me. My thoughts shall be posted on January 24th.
  • @Manio will you be using VR. This game may sell me on a psvr
  • I've been thinking of picking RE5 up for some couch co-op, definitely had a lot of fun with in years back. 6 was sort of a train wreck, but I'd be willing to give 7 a shot. I think I'll be waiting to hear some feedback from others who get it at launch and maybe wait for a price drop.
  • Game looks very interesting so I put a pre-order in. Really looking forward to trying this out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week