(Multi) Resident Evil 7: Official Discussion Thread

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is an upcoming survival horror video game developed and published by Capcom. The game is slated for release on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with the PlayStation 4 version including full PlayStation VR support. The game will be the eleventh entry into the main Resident Evil series, and the first main series installment to be played from a first-person perspective. It will be released worldwide in January 2017.

Who's excited? Who's skeptical? We only have a few more months to wait. This will switch to the main game discussion thread a week before release.

Resident Evil 7: Desolation

Resident Evil 7: The Bakers

Resident Evil 7: Lantern Gameplay Trailer

Resident Evil 7: Vol.1 - Mysterious Caller

Resident Evil 7: Vol.2 - Shotgun In The Box

Resident Evil 7: Vol.3 - Recorder

Resident Evil 7: Vol.4 - Stock Up

• Honestly, I am probably checking out at this point. Maybe 3 years ago this could have seemed cool. But in a post PT (which probably had more creativity and narrative in one demo than this whole game will have, sadly) and post "1000000000000 indie first person horror games set in a creepy house" world, this just seems like it's going to be.... uninspiring? Same-y? It's been a weird journey to this point. I played and enjoyed 1-3 and 5, and the series definitely evolved into more a TPS than a survival horror, so I guess if you're looking for fear again, maybe this will float your boat, but all I feel when I watch the video is "wow, I've seen this 100 times before and all in like the past 24 months."
  • Haven't finished 6 yet, better action games out there, if they go back to the roots i maybe interested
  • RE6 and the spin offs were a bit of a mess, so I don't hold out much hope for this. I like that they're trying something different for the next game, but that different has already been flogged hard the last couple of years.

Just HD remake RE2 & 3 for fucks sake already.
  • I mean, we are getting an HD remake of RE2 at some point in the future which is nice as long as it's not episodic.
  • This could be the game that makes me pick up a PlayStation VR. It also could be hot garbage, only time will tell. I am definitely waiting for reviews on this one. 
  • The $179 collector's edition comes with a tiny mansion. I'm not one for spending that much on one game. The only collector's edition I ever purchased was the Dark Souls II one.

But hey, I'm sure some people are going to go nuts over this.

• Yeah I'm pretty much over limited editions and all that. I think the last Happy Meal edition I bought was Dead Space 2 with that lame gun. Just give me the game.
  • Can't believe I didn't post the gameplay trailer. This still seems interesting!

That said, I'm probably still waiting around on some reviews to drop before picking the game up. I was burned hard when I pre-ordered RE6 and paid full price on day one.
  • I guess in some sense having a fully fledged AAA game making a game like this is ok, since most are indie/small-dev but LOL that voice acting of the enemies. It's like the worst stereotypical southern black dude.
  • If anyone isn't dipping into the game until they see some reviews and what-not I'll probably be tossing my own review up on my site and cross-posting it here.

• This actually looks like the bee's knees. Also, do I spot some Regenerators in this footage?

• Here we go. I'm still really curious about the game as a whole and how it'll connect with the previous Resident Evil titles as it's mentioned this takes place after the events of RE6. A new demo drops today for PS4 with us Xbox users getting the demo on Dec.9th.

The more I see and hear the more excited I become. I almost pre-ordered today but bought Dead Rising 4 instead. We'll see what happens.
  • Ive got my own ideas about how the game will float, so far the game seems more stiff then id at first thought, not really a bad thing, you can deff tell they pulled ideas from other things, theres a bike in the tub within the demo and instantly thought of saw series. I just hope the game flows well to be honest. heres to hoping for traditional zombies or something along those ends. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXDouTLzE1I
    A video i made about how zombies could be right n front of us, and no molded mutations are not zombies. Im not saying no zombies would destroy my hope in the game but i really hope they return. 
  • I've pre-ordered the game because the demo sold me. My thoughts shall be posted on January 24th.
  • @Manio will you be using VR. This game may sell me on a psvr
  • @nutta27

I would if I had a PS4, but no I'll be rocking on my Xbox. Still gonna post thoughts for some of y'all on the fence.
  • I've been thinking of picking RE5 up for some couch co-op, definitely had a lot of fun with in years back. 6 was sort of a train wreck, but I'd be willing to give 7 a shot. I think I'll be waiting to hear some feedback from others who get it at launch and maybe wait for a price drop.
  • @MissScooter

Holy, you're alive.

Right.

---
    I'll def post opinions though on the 24th since I do have it pre-ordered.
  • Game looks very interesting so I put a pre-order in. Really looking forward to trying this out.
  • I am alive! B)

Just got RE5, excited to start it tonight, it's been probably 6 years since I played it. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week