Noobtoob's Week in Gaming, 3/10/2016
  • All Xocm 2 all the time. Makes me so OCD happy. It is less about the chess moves and more about the special powers. Either you are malling them with special moves and multi kills or they get rolling and you die under a tide of clones and lancers and the like. Xcom was more about half moves and flanking and cover.

I did not understand that contacts are the new satelites. I am playing blind and learning the the new game timer. We will see if I can dig out this first effort. I like all the changes, seems harder but maybe it is all just inexperience. I like the Rangers the best. Simple and lethal.
  • Dark Souls III
    Same old, same old. Working on my NG+ playthrough in time for the DLC that drops later this month. Just got to the Catacombs of Carthus, and gonna tackle Wolnir. Might do some errand running and snag the Red Sign Soapstone at some point so I can PvP with my buddy.

Rocket League
    Played some hoops with my buddy. Won nearly every game. Unlocked some new cars, and aesthetic items. Not much to say here.

Yugioh: Legacy of the Duelist
    Modified my "cheat" deck to clear through the storymode quicker. Three sets of Exodia, and tons of cards that cause me to draw. Simple as fuck.
  • Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4) I beat this game! It was a lot of fun. The story mode is 11 chapters long and it was a bit too easy. However there is an optional 12th chapter after the credits which is a big 20 floor dungeon with a boss after every 9 floors. This part was much more challenging and I had a lot of fun here. I got all the trophies too. No platinum though ;(

Slayer Shock (PC/Steam) Hooray! I've been waiting to play this for months now. Its from the Devs that brought us Eldritch, and its kinda like a game version of the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It is super difficult in the beginning and I keep getting killed by the vampires. Decent fun so far though, even if I'm not good at it yet.

Thats it from last week. I got 1/3 of my reviews written, I'm going to try and get the 2nd done this week, and hopefully maybe that last in time for the beginning of next week. ;)
    Noobied by 1sloth
  • Deus Ex - Played only Breach mode. It still sucks but almost done. About halfway through tier 3 now.

Minecraft

Dark Souls 3

Goat Simulator DLC
  • Command & Conquer 95 (PC): Felt like playing a simple RTS. Did the first 3 missions of both Nod and GDI. Remembered pretty much nothing from whenever I last played this game. Many years ago.

That's it. Not much gaming, haven't been in the mood.
  • Fall out 4 PS4 Platted it, will wait for a Goty version to play the DLC, the benevolent leader trophy was annoying, and should not be done when you finished all the story lines. 

Warframe PS4, Doing some daily missions now and then.

Amnesia memories PSVita Finished everything seem not to be able to get one trophy, want to get rid of this game!

Exist Archive PSVita This RPG game is very old skool mechanics still working it out though, was really cheap, Japanese RPG's really lose their value fast these days

Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
    I finished Ratchet as a way to serenade my new and first current gen console. It was ok. Very pretty. Its about the same length and depth as the episodic PlayStation 3 games which is no where near what the PlayStation 2 ones were. I got it for $25 from the PSN sale and feel this is an ok amount to spend for what you're getting. I can't replay it again because the Clank levels shit me and "challenge mode" carrot on a stick is just upgraded weapons.

Killzone Shadowfall (PS4)
    I'm marvelling at how pretty the graphics on the PS4 are. Optimisation really goes a long way. Its actually prettier than some of the games in my Steam library and my PC has a way stronger graphics card.

With Killzone, the dual stick aiming feels perfect. So perfect. Not too fast and twitchy, slow enough to wrangle around, but also quick enough to get the kill. The visuals and the controls are so compelling that I'm making my way through my first KIllzone game! I've had it on PlayStation 2/3 and Vita, and never got too far into them. They felt like shitty SOCOM games. But this one, for lack of anything else, will probably get played. Got this for $25 and pretty pleased especially with the bot mode versus where I can just dick about freely.

LittleBigPlanet Whatever (PS4)
    This game is a complete piece of shit and I'm saying this as somebody who beat LBP 1 and 2 with fond memories. Its so slapped together and technically shitty. Things lag, need to be loaded constantly from the internet (and I have super fast fibre) and its just so clunky and shitty and soulless and you don't have much in the way of costumes to distinguish your dumb sack things in co-op and its just so shitty. I bought this for $25 and wish I hadn't.

---

Hoping that I'll spot Uncharted 4 on sale soon because that's the one I really want. Will buy at full price (about $60) Final Fantasy 15 and 12, as well as Persona 5 when its available.

---

The Crew (PC)
    This is the best open world Need for Speed game that I've come across. Seriously.
    Working my way up the totem poll currently with my little riced up Nissan 370z.

Hyper Light Drifter (PC)
    Too scary. Waiting for the weekend to co-op this with my partner because its too spooky.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PC)
    Lost interest and played the above instead. :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week