Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 12/09/16
  • Hoooo boy, a rough couple of weeks work that were supposed to be the end of the hardest bit of the year has actually just turned out to be just the preface to a whole new pile of crap.  Throw in a couple of birthdays and family visits and, despite the big gap in me actually writing a summary for WiG, there's not much to report.

(360) Dust: An Elysian Tail Nah, just kidding.  Haven't had a chance to get in and finish what I'm pretty sure is the final mission.  I first loaded this game up in....April?  I think?  For a ~15 hour game that's not just bad, that's downright embarrassing.

(PS3) FIFA16 ...Especially embarrassing in the light of the multiple hours that this is still eating up on a weekly basis.  I've said it before, but if I'm collapsing on the sofa at gone 11 o'clock at night in order to get at least a scrap of gaming in, am I going to play the mechanically-dense, animation-heavy 2D platformer with the long gaps between save points or the lightweight, bite-size dumb fun thing?  

Notts County finished their first season at the top of the lowest rung of English football and I've almost completely overhauled the squad with young, exciting players.  The bump in difficulty from a couple of weeks back still occasionally bites me on the bum, mind.

That's all from me, hit me with your WiGing sticks.
  • Dragon Age: Origins. I think I'm almost done, and happy for it, tired of DA:O.
    Edit: I've been playing Dragon Age Origins off and on since like December, So I beat ya there 
    @Littleg . ;)
  • Atom GRRRL!! (Steam) So far I've been consistent in that I can only play this game on Saturdays. Not much progress here.

Touhou Genso Rondo (PS4) This is a ton of fun. Its a 1v1 fighting game, except you fly around shooting colorful bullet curtains at each other. ;) Some of the characters I'm good with and a few others I'm really bad at. I wanted to try and get all the trophies here, but the Boss rush mode is too hard for me I think. I could probably get all the other trophies, but 10 boss rush wins in a row with all the characters is too daunting. I'm barely able to get to the 4th or 5th fight in boss rush. Oh well, still a fun game, and they are going to be adding a couple new characters over the next few weeks so I'll probably keep coming back for a bit anyway.

Jotun: Valhalla Edition (XbOne) Oh My this game is fun. Spoilers for next WiG, I think I'm getting close to beating it. Also!! After I started playing this game I've gone back to listening to Enslaved, who I haven't listened to in a few years. ;)

Thats it from me for last week I think. No idea what I feel like playing next.
  • (PC) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I'm slowly working my way through this game and trying to do as much as I can without getting detected. From what I've been told I'm about halfway through at the moment so I've several hours left to go.
  • Didn't play anything. I'm in Kuala Lumpur.
    Noobied by 1GoodEnoughForMe
  • Dang dude, another coincidence, so am I.
    Noobied by 1AshGooner
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Finished playthru 1 and now doing the permadeath playthru. I decided to get that over with before going for a NG+ playthru to bag these last trophies.

DOOM - I downloaded the 18GB (!!!) update and tried it out. I like it so far.
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided I have just got to London.I hear that is close to the end. I have been main lining this so far the side quests to me seemed like mindless uniteresting busywork. Saying that the mainline quests are a lot of fun and definitely on of my favourite games of the year. 

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Good little game, the same as all the others but its still fun. Its been so long since I played yellow on my gameboy. It brigs back memories. Even if I have no clue who any of these Pokemon are.

On a much weirder note my girlfriends little sister Gabrielle has now decided she has changed her name. She has borrowed my old 360 for netlix watching and the occasional lego game. She is currently using my profile and LittleG keeps popping up when he is online, so she has taken to the name, so now we are only allowed to refer to her as LilG. 
    Noobied by 2sloth NewAgeRed
  • Yes! A disciple!
    Noobied by 2sloth NewAgeRed
  • (PC) Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I've been snooping through private residences.

(PC) No Man's Sky: Nope. Still terrible and disappointing. I don't know why I spent the five minutes bothering to revisit it.

---

It was my birthday and I got a PlayStation 4! It's not a slim ($450AUD) or pro ($600AUD) but it was on clearance ($350AUD) so we nabbed that immediately. On the way to work I bought Ratchet, Little Big Planet, and Killzone through the PSN mobile app. They're on sale for $20AUD each arm. I like that if the PS4 was set up, I could get it to download the games through my phone. Very excited to stream to my phone and grind zeny on the pooper. Going to try and pick up a second controller and a charging dock on the way home.
    Noobied by 1NewAgeRed
  • Just when I thought you guys weren't going to get any Noobies, you go and do something like this..
  • Nobody touching ReCore yet? I'd love to hear NT thoughts.
  • Still Fall outing 4 PS4 babysitting villagers is getting to be annoying

The Usual Warframe PS4, took an hour to download and install a 2gigabyte update? WTF!

Playing Amnesia memories PSVita an English version of a Japanese Visual Novel, boring as hell, going down the event trees for some trophies :P
  • I actually managed to play something other than Fallout 4. Finished the latest Ratchet and Clank, which is excellent and gorgeous. I so want to buy the Bioshock collection. Must be strong and wait for the price drop.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week