Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 23/05/16
  • My gaming time has disappeared to the land of ghosts and wind. The odd thing here and there, but barely anything worth mentioning.  Worse, I'll be away on holiday for a week with the family for a week from Friday so I'm not predicting to get up to much then - giving serious consideration to buying Banner Saga for the tablet to take that away with us after watching the recent BS2 Giant Bomb Quick Look.

So, someone may need to be Johnny-on-the-spot next week with posting WiG as I'm not even that sure that the farmhouse we're going to stay in in the Peak District will have internet access or sufficient phone signal for me to get on here.  Watch this space!

Let's not worry about the future now, though.  Let's look back over your...Week in Gaming.
  • I know I talked about U4, R n C, and Valkyria, but Far Harbor came out so that is all I have been doing. It is wonderful to have Fallout DLC that runs everytime. The frame rate drops into the 20s sometimes, cuz Bethesda yo. Not the best Fallout DLC, but it is large and solid. If you love Fallout, you know who you are. I think Big Mountain was my favorite Fallout DLC, all time, but man, Lonesome Road was awesome.... until it froze..... every fucking time. Far Harbor has the distinct advantage of reliably functioning.
  • Final Fantasy VII (PC): Blew by 20 hours of gametime and finished Disc 1 and now have probably the single most annoying point of the entire game coming, which I'm not terribly looking forward to. Also I am absolutely breezing by bosses. It helps when you know what to do, where to do it, and how much to do it. I've hardly spent any time grinding.

Overwatch (PC): Did first matches last night, after some early server issues that were quickly corrected. Lot of fun to play drunk. I wish people rolled support more so I don't feel guilty and get stuck doing it myself. I like playing support but not all the time. I had a Play of the Game last night. It was pretty weak. But it was a triple kill all the same, and that's what matters. Also lost a game with less than 1 second to victory. That was brutal.

Dota 2 (PC): I played one game on like a triple dose of xanax and a ton of vodka and can't remember a damn thing.
  • Ok, been working a lot lately, and several times last week, when I did have time to play anything I was too tired or my allergies were kicking up. So I didn't get much game time, and I also tried to play too many different games so I've made little progress in anything but...

Binding of Isaac Rebirth: Afterbirth dlc (ps4) I like this game a lot, but there are just too many things to collect and I don't feel like the grind right now. I only played a few rounds.

Shadow of the Beast (PS4) Its a remake/reboot of a classic game that I never played. It has some interesting ideas, but it is not grabbing me at the moment after playing the 1st stage and part of stage 2. I will come back to this when I have some more time and can really get into it.

DOOM (360/XbOne) Everyone has been talking about the new DOOM so I decided to go back to the original since I've never played it before. I have beaten the 1st chapter, and its pretty fun, and chapter 2 is a good bit harder, I'm still only at the start of 2.

I've basically been killing time waiting for the new Turtles game to come out, and I've got my hands on it now, so I'll probably stick with that for this week, and maybe go back to DOOM some this weekend or next week. If I can beat the Turtles game by then. ;)
  • Dark Souls 3 - PvP and white phantom work.

Uncharted 4 - Finished it. Quite enjoyed it.

Mario Kart 8 - Bought and played the DLC.

That's about it.
  • Bought and played about 1-2 hours of Diablo 2. can already see so many things better than D1. I went right into online mod with @Viiper and I was a big noob with no idea what I was doing. :P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week