Overwatch (PC/Xbox One/PS4)

• Orisa drops March 21st.
  • This is some pretty hardcore arseholery.

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/04/04/overwatch-ddos-cheater-ps4/

In other news I wonder what the big April 11 surprise is going to be? I'm guessing whatever it is it will include new skins.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/04/03/overwatch-tease-coming-april-11-17/
  • Yep, lots of new shit to collect from loot boxes. It does look pretty cool though. Just as I was getting bored with the DS3 DLC too.

• The new modes are fun, yes they are.
  • Not really a fan of the PvE. It gets old quick when it's just the same map and same enemies over and over.
  • Yeah, it's gotten stale for me too unfortunately.
  • I still can't jive with how Doomfist feels, also I missed Lucioball the first time around and I gotta say with this new event, it's just not a fun mode at all. It feels like a poor man's Rocket League.

The new skins are mostly meh too. Soldier 76, McCree and Reaper having the stand outs in my opinion.
  • The new outfits are kinda ass. I don't mind Junkrat, Mercy, or Widowmaker but the rest don't do it for me. I did like that I could pick up skins from the previous set for cheap though, so I finally got the Swiss Mercy. I'm more looking forward to Halloween since I missed it last year. I want that Dr Junkrat and FrankenRoadhog set, and witchy Mercy too. 
  • I really like the Widow, Soldier, and McCree skins. They're fun.
  • My luck is terrible. Out of loot boxes so far I've had both variants of McCree (the USA and swimsuit ones), the BBQ Soldier, and the motorbike Reaper pop out for me. In other words, all the skins I didn't want. I did get enough gold to buy police D-Va though. Maybe I'll get lucky in the remaining days but I doubt I'll get much time to play it. Maybe next year. I wish there were some kind of trade-in system so we could swap the skins we don't want for the ones we do.
  • Ranked games still suck. I haven't played rank since season 1 and I had heard there were a lot of changes in the interim but season 6 seems like the same old shit to me. For the poor solo participant there's little to be had here but grief. I was told the game now goes on individual performance to determine SR but that is the biggest load of horse shit I was ever sold. It's still based entirely on whether or not your team wins or loses. Individual performance impacts the result by a factor of dick as far as I can tell. This is pretty much a deal breaker for me, since nobody I know plays this with any regularity and going solo relies totally on the luck of the draw. Will the other team members make their choices wisely? Or will they jump on Genji, McCree, Widow, and Hanzo regardless of map or game type and then demand whoever is left over pick healers? And, to rub salt into the wound, they will rage quit as soon as they die and Mercy fails to rez them within 2 seconds forcing the match to close, regardless of what the remaining 11 players think. Then it's back to the menu screen and searching for another game. Oh joy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week