Uncharted 4 (News/Discussion)
  • Well since the new story trailer just dropped, I thought now would be a good time to start this discussion! 

Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter Nathan Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

What are your thoughts?
  • RIP Drake or Sully.
    Noobied by 1sloth
  • I currently don't have any of the current gen consoles (except for a 3DS), but I can't help but feel I'll be forking over a lot of cash the day this game is released. It just looks too good.
  • Uncharted on better hardware? No brainer. May not be GOTY, but at worst, it will be excellent. That wild jungle fight they showed off last year was crazy.
  • @GoodEnoughForMe I'd expect Elena to get killed by Drake's shitty brother.

As far as my feelings about Uncharted go, I'm glad this is supposed to be the last one as with UC3 and that thing on the Vita, it's played out for now. Give it a half a decade until returning.

• Good thing Sony has enough studios to give IPs time off. Microsoft will stop beating Gears and Halo, never.
  • I'm looking forward to it, and I'm also glad it's been declared an ending. 2 of my favourite series' coming to an end within a month of each other. I'm a little sad but it's good to see devs who still have at least a bit of respect for the integrity of their products and brands. I'll be giving these games a Viking's funeral. Much love, brothers.

As for what I expect in the game? More jumping, more puzzles, and more blasting dudes in the face. I hope they don't kill off Drake or Sully (or any of the other heroes for that matter) because 1) it's predictable as all fuck these days and 2) They've already fake killed Drake before, and Sully gets fake killed at least once per game, sometimes twice. Nah, I want an old style Last Crusade / Die Hard riding off into the sunset yippee-ki-yay motherfucker type ending. None of this dark depressing tragic or bittersweet bullshit. Crime doesn't pay. I get it. Drake should've become a banker or fund manager if he wanted to break the law and get paid for it.
  • An ending really? or a start for spin offs and/or collaborations? "Uncharted spellunky", or the date game "when Nathan met Lara". ;)
  • They said "ending". They may do spin-offs in the future, maybe Drake will go to Boletaria for some soul hunting, but until it's announced I have no reason to doubt them. They have a good track record so far.

The Yakuza devs also said "Of The End" would be the final game but SEGA would have none of that, so yeah, things could change.
  • Who knows what adventures the Simpsons may have between now, and the time they become unprofitable.

- Troy McClure

RIP brother, the man is dead, the IP, finances willing, lives forever. Mickey Mouse will smile over all our graves.
  • They are having a multiplayer stress test for Uncharted 4 this weekend. It's available on the playstaion store, no code needed or anything. I'd give it a go, so far I'm having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. They've added in several new mechanics you might enjoy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week