After 13 years, GameTrailers is closing down

Twitter

https://twitter.com/GameTrailers/status/696858020215586816

We're sorry
    , this came as a slight shock. Thought never GT would be closed. Now I have not been hanging there since Geoff Keighley left. Have always had a soft spot for him and dered. E3 broadcasts along with Spike was always really good.

What are your thoughts on this news?

Noobied by 1shozaya
  • I'm surprised. Did people know this was coming, or was it a bombshell?

I didn't think they were in trouble, though I've always avoided their site and videos because it never would load right for me.
  • It's a shame they are gone as I really liked their content like The Final Bossman, Huber Hype, GT Time, Mandatory Update and Mandatory Update Nights. Also their reviews were pretty useful too.

The only video site I now go to for game stuff is GiantBomb.com.

@NewAgeRed I think one of their staff members posted on NeoGAF and said they only found out the day the site shutdown. I also had the odd problem with their video player too but they had been uploading most of their videos and shows to YouTube over the last few years and I watched most of their stuff there.

• That's crazy. It reminds me of a Hastings that closed in TX years ago, they didn't tell anyone. Employees showed up for work to find a sign saying it was closed.

Edit: We should snatch up the URL if it slips up and redirect it to here. ;) jk
  • Video killed the radio star, and YouTube got the rest.
  • I never watched much of Gametrailers, but before the popularity of youtube i did regularly watch their programs on UK cable, from what i can remember they were the only people putting out video reviews etc on the TV.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week