Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 28/12/15
  • Tell you what, you give me two weeks off over Christmas and I just get lax at everything. Didn't post one WiG, didn't actually write a summary for the other. I figured I better at least get this one up early before I forgot...

This is also being posted from my phone, so I'll not go into too much detail, but I am hopeful that I'll have Red Dead clocked before I go back to work in 2016.

Fill us in on what gaming treats were waiting for you once Santa had finished emptying his sack under your tree.
  • Bloodborne - As always.

Super Mario 3D World - Picked it up with the WiiU and enjoyed it. Ridiculously easy though.

LEGO City Undercover - Another game I got with the WiiU. It's pretty good. They did some fun things with the gamepad and there's a ton of content as with most LEGO games. The load times can be a bit long.

Ao Oni (Blue Demon) - An old free PC RPG / horror game. You play as a guy trying to rescue your friends and escape a haunted mansion. The enemy is a big blue demon that randomly appears and chases you. If it catches you it's game over. Basically Alien Isolation with much shittier graphics.
  • (Xbox One) Fallout 4 - I started to focus on the the main questline and I'm now the more I play of the main storyline the less I'm liking it. I still really like the game and all the side quests and stories just not the main quest line. I'm liking it a lot less than the main quest of Fallout 3.

(PS4 / Xbox One) Rainbow Six: Siege - I'm really liking the co-op multiplayer of this and still working to unlock more operators.
  • I have trouble imagining a story worse than the one presented in Fallout 3. I might have to get this game once the new year shenanigans is done with.
  • Jack box Party Pack

Played this with family over Christmas Day. A whole lot of fun. I can't see me getting much more use though. We also played a little Guitar Hero Live. All in all a pretty decent Christmas evening.

Just Cause 3

Dropped into it. Got it as a gift from my girlfriend. I can't really say much right now except. Shit. It's hell of fun to glide around the city. I get the same feeling I did when I first starting playing Spider-Man 2 on PS2. The swinging in that game. Made the game. I hope it's the same this time around.

• I wrapped up Fallout 4 this weekend. The story was dogshit. COMPLETE dogshit. Bethesda fell into the same, SAME pitfalls they fell into before in Fallout 3. Despite them saying they wouldn't. Despite them saying they learned a lot about storytelling. It's completely fucking braindead. Disappointing game.
  • The main story is too samey, and the faction decisions get jarring as Hell. It ain't a perfect game. I hope they know they gotta do a complete overhall for 5. I still love this game, but they have clearly run out of road in many ways. Some of the side quests are absurdly entertaining. Just did the final voyage of the USS Constitution and loved it. I still think the DLC might be awesome because they can do fully absurd stories. Silly works better than heavy for them at this point. They arebetter off doing Red Dwarf than Apocylypse Now. Closing in on the final trophies. Benevolent leader continues to be confounding.

Also kind of impressed with LBP3. Not buggy so far and my kid loves it. Oddsock controls are great. Quite a steal for 8 bucks.
  • Fallout 4 (Xbox One)
    Polished off the main story. Heavily disappointed with that aspect of it. Dear lord was it awful. The side-quests, and settlement building has been excellent though. Fun game, but that story just ain't good.

Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
    God awful story, but amazing multiplayer. Opening those REQ packs is damn addicting. Made a Spartan Company for however many of us are still playing this - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/noobtoob army
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (PC): I have decided to stick with my Bosmer and abandon my other characters for now, and I have cleared the beginning Dominion zone just about 100%. I will be heading to their capital city next. This is a flawed but fun game. But it does make you realize what could have been, often. There are some rewards to exploring off the beaten path, particularly caves and dungeons where quests and skill books occur that you wouldn't find if you just stick to the main drag, but it still feels like a game that hems in you a bit tight. Also I gave up on PvP, which is fun but completely lacking in rewards.

Fallout 4 (PC): I found out who the leader of the Institute is. Hm.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC): Bought a bunch of Star Wars games on the steam sale. It's kind of janky but fun so far. I like the little details of rain drops hissing and turning to steam when they hit your lightsaber, or of leaving burn marks in the walls when you brush up against them. The shooting is not very good. It is surprisingly challenging.
  • Nuclear Throne (PS4) I'm still playing this game and its super fun. I'm still not very good at it. After being stuck on 3-1 for days I finally made it to 3-3, and I managed to kill Big Dog, but I died in the explosion and didn't make it to 4-1. I've been having a lot of good luck with Crystal so I will probably try and stick with him to try and beat this game at least once.

Dariusburst CS (PS4) I'm playing this off and on, I've slowed down a bit b/c I've been putting more time into the previous game and the next game. This is still hella fun and the music is fucking fantastic. There are just so many stages in CS mode that, its going to take a long while to complete. I did managed to beat the Arcade mode on Easy though. ;)

Legends of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC (Steam/PC) This game is really long, and the opening seems to be moving super slowly. I do love the battle system though, and I think I will enjoy the story once some more interesting things start happening. I'm about 5 hours in and I'm still in the prologue chapter. I'm going to stick with this though.

And lastly;
    Turok Remaster (Steam/PC) I played thru the tutorial and up to the first save station in the 1st level. Its a FPS. I played this when I was a kid, I can see the improvements, I just dont have the energy for this game right now.

Whoa. For not having a lot of time for games I sure played a number of different games this past week. As a result I have made very little progress in any of them. ;P I'm probably going to try and stick to Nuclear Throne, and Trails for now. I also kinda want to try and get into Fallout 3 on the XbOne since I am not using that console as much as I'd like, but we shall see I guess.
  • Plat for Fallout 4.

Well there's one trophy Sunny will never have....... or want.
  • Wow! How long did that take to get?

I put about 100 hours into getting the Platinum on Bloodborne.
  • It doesn't look too tough to do, I considered it anyway. With one playthrough I hit 710/1000, so, I dunno. I still come back to it. Like you mentioned earlier, some things, like the Ironsides quest, and more are fantastic. But so much of it is just, well, stupid. So I hope to uncover more enjoyable things like that.
  • Easy Plat. With a save at the main faction fork, Mass Fusion, all the endings are yours fast. Hacking 50 terminals I had to go back for, because I prefer lockpicking. Just hack everything you find the first time. I let Nick do all that shit and it did not count. Fifty side missions can be weird because what counts and what does not. Probably the vertibird grenades are the fastest route. Benevolent leader can be wonky, you are better off trying to make a single settler happy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week