Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 21/12/15
  • If you'd asked me, I'd have honestly said that I could clearly remember posting last week's WiG. Age is beginning to erode the old memory, I see. Thanks to Sunny for stepping in.

Full review of the last couple of weeks to follow once I'm not posting from a phone...
  • Nuclear Throne (PS4) I starting this after I finished with The Old Hunters. I've unlocked several characters but I'm not very good at this game at all. This is another one of those games like The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Spelunky where I can play them forever and not beat them. I like to try and beat games so I don't know how much more time I will put into this. It is really fun though.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC (Steam/PC) I decided to play this along side Nuclear Throne, since its sequels have come out this year and I want to start at the beginning. It seems very long and if you diverge from the path, enemies are much stronger than you and I get killed very quickly. The battle system seems fun, not 100% sure I will have time/energy to stick with this right now but we'll see.

Thats it from me for last week. My time for games has been very short the past few weeks, and that does not seem to be changing. I'm also kinda at a loss after completing Bloodborne and I'm afraid I'm just killing time waiting for Dark Souls 3 to come out! If thats the case Dark Souls 3 is the last of the series, I have no idea what I'll do. Hopefully its just a funk and more to do with my lack of free time than anything else. ;p
  • Fallout 4

Closing in on platinum. Gotta play through some endings and figure out how to be a benevolent leader. I swear I built these assholes level 3 everything with all the security beds food water power you could want. Pegged at 84%. I wanted to invite super mutants to come eat all these ungrateful jerks.
  • Bloodborne - More DLC co-op and character leveling.

Ratchet and Clank 3 - Finished it.

Ratchet and Clank 2 - Went back to it, and hate it even more since playing 3.

• (Xbox One) Fallout 4
    It's a Fallout game, but then it doesn't feel like most other Fallout games. It feels not as RPG-like as the previous titles, and feel more like an action shooter, which is alright I suppose. I've put about ten hours into the game so far, and the main story hasn't hooked me yet at all. I've all but abandoned the story and have just been wandering the Wasteland doing side-quests, and killing folks.

It's fun, but man does it feel like it's missing something.

(Xbox One) Halo 5: Guardians
    Started playing this today and cleaned up the campaign, and I'm rather disappointed by the game's story. It might be the weakest of the series plots so far. The game is about "the hunt for the Master Chief" but you're not really doing much of that at all. It does take a lot of elements from the novels written by Eric Nylund, which for someone who read the books like myself, is awesome to see that play out in the games for once, but I can understand the confusion among people who never read said books. Plot holes galore if you haven't read em.

Fire Team Osiris is okay, and the only character I found myself happy to see was Buck (returning from ODST) and literally the only character on said team that I still enjoyed, and liked. I developed an attachment to him, unlike the other members of Osiris.

Seeing Master Chief and his childhood Spartan Squad team up was excellent (from the books) and made the hardcore Halo fanboy inside of me extremely happy.

I haven't dabbled much with the multiplayer, but Warzone is fucking excellent. Best multiplayer experience I've had this year and I only played one match. The REQ Cards don't give anyone a boost at all, or an advantage it feels like. Mostly aesthetic stuff like armor, helmets, visors, and skins. I dig it.
  • (Xbox One) Fallout 4 - Still travelling the wasteland and still not gone and done enough of the main storyline.

(PS4 / Xbox One) Rainbow Six: Siege - Squading up with friends for some multiplayer. I spent all my points on 2 new operators.
  • Finished up the main story in Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider. Good games.
  • Super Smash Bros for WiiU Damn! I forgot that I also played this game a little bit last week. I have finally unlocked all the characters, I also bought and downloaded Cloud but I haven't played as him yet. The single player stuff in this game is pretty weak imo. I usually only play it when my sister or friends are around for local fights. Still a fun game though. And I'm looking forward to Bayonetta in February.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week