Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 PS4/Vita
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (デッド オア アライブ エクストリーム3 Deddo oa Araibu Ekusutorīmu Surī?) (DOAX3) is an upcoming video game in the Dead or Alive series currently in development by Team Ninja to be published by Koei Tecmo as the third main sequel to the beach volleyball spin-off title Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. It is to be released under two titles for the two different platforms, as Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune for the PlayStation 4and as Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus for the PlayStation Vita. The game will be released in Japan on February 25, 2016, but will not be released in Western territories.

Gameplay

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 retains the camera mode from the earlier installments of the DOAX series. There is a new suntanning system and unlocking new costumes for one character is going to enable all of them to use it. The PlayStation Vita version is to use the console's touch panel and gyro sensor features.

Development

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 being in development was first disclosed by the Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi during Dead or Alive Festival on August 1, 2015.[5] It was officially unveiled one week later in Famitsu, and the first screenshots were published on August 21.[7][8] DOAX3 was announced to come exclusively for Asian markets, but following protests from fans Hayashi said a version of the game "adjusted for North America" might come to the West if the demand is high enough. However, on November 24, 2015, Team Ninja posted on the franchise's Facebook page that there will be no plans to release the game in Western territories, citing "issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry (sic)".

The PlayStation 4 version of game is to feature an improved breasts physics engine from Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, called Soft Engine 2.0., with the PlayStation Vita version using Soft Engine Lite. The PS4 version is also going to be compatible with the PlayStation VR headset system.

The Western release of the game was canceled due to fears that it would be accused of sexism. This was announced via the game's Facebook page.

From the Wiki

I may have to get this for science reasons :P

• So they added a fighting minigame to a volleyball minigame/game based off a fighting game hooooooly shit
  • I'll bet they'll sell a lot VR bundles in Japan with this especially if you remember this Tecmo commercial
  • So this apparently turned out shit. One of my gamer buddies described it as "a bunch of side dishes with no main course". According to him, and some other reviews I skimmed, the game makes it difficult to earn money to buy stuff for the girls, and even when you do the girls can reject your presents. You can then take it back to the store and get a 50% refund. LOL.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week