Advice: Moving to London
  • Noobied by 18drawt
  • 3 mobile have introduced a new thing where their service can be used in a list of 32 I think other countries with no roaming fees but for all others yes unfortunately there will be fees.

London in general is fairly expensive to live a friend of mine works in investment banking down there and he can only just afford to flat share with someone. The underground runs till late no matter where you live in and around London and I know there are plans for it to run 24hr soon.

As for traveling Europe by train. That may still be fairly expensive and a train to Paris under the channel tunnel is a good 2 hour journey. You might be able to get a bit of sight seeing done in a couple of weeks maybe even a 4 day weekend but for just a weekend i would stick to our beautiful country. Believe it or not there are some nice places to visit in England. Look into Newquay when you get here it's a lovely seaside location.
  • Advice: take a photo of the sun to put on your desk next to any other photos of loved ones, because it'll be a while before you ever see it again :p

I can't give you any advice on living in London, as I never have, but if you are heading to Europe on vacation there are plenty of more reasonably priced places you can go, with sunlight too! When I lived in Berlin it was cheap as chips, and a stone's throw from a bunch of cool places.
  • My advice is to sell drugs because you're wallet is going to be routinely destroyed by living in London.
    Noobied by 2AshGooner Manio
  • Sounds like fun. I was always a cheap bastard when travelling, but this sounds like a real gig in one of the most urbane and diverse spots on Earth. I hope it is a great time.

8 million in London, with how many more nearby? 53 million on the island, so that would like if New York had 50 million and were the capital of the US. London is very unique.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week