[2015] Worst Game Of The Year
  • Worst Game Of The Year

All Platforms
    Noob's Choice 2014 Winner - Assassin's Creed: Unity

Every year we're bound to get a stinker of a game. Which game in 2015 was the worst?

And, go vote!
  • Pro Evo 2016. 
  • Hard to think of a bad game that I've played this year. Can this be games I've seen (i.e. via Let's Plays)?
  • Battlefront!

That is all.
  • Destiny the payed king, finally the full game shipped a year late and you have to pay money again to get a complete game.
  • Does Destiny count again this year because of Taken King? What's the verdict Manio? It is technically an entirely new game now after all.

• I allowed Reaper Of Souls to be voted in other categories last year, so why not.
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • With Epke on this one, Destiny it is.
  • I still do not think Destiny is a terrible game, so much as a terrible harbinger of a new model where you release the skeleton of a game first and then flesh it out with a second installment at nearly full price. It's success certainly cleared the way for Battlefront. Good skeleton, exploitative model, good candidate for this award, though not actually unplayable. Evolve tried to do this as well, but bombed.
  • @WestsW it is not just about gameplay, gameplay in Destiny is ace, but it is just a shell of a game, lots of free to play games offer more than what destiny delivers for the outrages price they ask. That is also the reason why i haven't bought star wars battlefield 0.5 yet. 4 maps, no story mode, this is like mag but at least that game was half the price. There is a lot about free to play that i don't like, but at least there they have to put things in the game to keep people coming, Activision and EA already have your money and laugh at the disappointed players.
  • Evolve bombed because the gameplay idea was stupid. The micro-transactions were bad, but if the game itself had been more fun people probably would have been on board with it and defended it as they do Destiny, Halo, and now Battlefront. MAG was great. No nickle and dime bullshit, and the devs offered plenty of content in the online modes to compensate for the lack of campaign. And they didn't try to shank us for $60 for it. Every mode was pvp, so unlike Destiny, you didn't just memorize the locations and types of enemies in each mission and grind through Groundhog Day a million times hoping for a legendary loot drop. In MAG every game was different because every player was human, and progress and unlocks were methodical, predictable, and balanced. They didn't feel the need to nerf high level players in pvp like Destiny did, nor did they fast track newcomers so they wouldn't feel left out. Didn't Taken King ship with some bullshit code that instantly ranked you up to rank 25 or something like that? Awesome! Enter a code and save yourself the trouble of playing the game! They may as well just sell the trophy lists. Pay $20 and you get every trophy for the game, but not the actual game. And the sad thing is, you know damn well some people would buy them.

Destiny, as far as the shooty shooty bang bang stuff goes, is pretty solid. It's basically Halo in a Halloween costume after all. It's everything else encapsulating it that makes it the spunktacular shit sandwich that it is.
  • Evolve was a bummer on every level, and even the devs showed they had no idea what they were making when they were pushing for it to be an eSports title. You can't just come out and say you're making X for eSports. You put out your game and if it's competitively viable, then it becomes one. It's like saying "WE NEED TO MAKE A VIRAL VIDEO" - Evolve just...crap. Wasn't fun to play nor did it feel balanced. Most importantly it didn't feel fun. Forget all the competition stuff, it wasn't fun to play.

Probably not my worst GOTY, because it wasn't the worst thing I played. It has to be actively bad. "Not fun" isn't enough for me, a worst GOTY has to be the opposite of fun.

I don't know what it is yet. But I have a feeling.
  • The order 1886. Sorted. The game was short expensive and well boring.
  • From what i have seen The Order 1886 might as well be a movie.
  • Still finding it hard to think of a game that I played that was really bad. It's the only category I haven't picked yet (which isn't a bad thing).

Evolve wasn't fun but it wasn't the worst thing I played. 

Maybe I'll go with Payday 2 as I bought it on next gen consoles but never played it as it had connection issues for many months and when the developers fixed it (only recently) they added a bunch of microtransactions which makes the game slightly different to what I thought I bought. But then again when you play that game it's not a bad game.

The other option might be Everybody's Gone to the Rapture as it kept crashing on my PS4 and the run button isn't really a run so moving through the game still feels really slow to me and I want to get on with the game. But like the others I never really hated it and it's not a bad game when it works.

I haven't played the Order 1886. Looking at videos online I see that Devil's Third isn't great but I haven't played that.

Do we have to have played the game to vote for it?
  • @amardilo

I'd prefer that, but do whatever you wish!
    Noobied by 1amardilo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week