Falllout 4 Pipboy
  • Any of you get your hands on this? 

I don't know how many Fallout fans here. The pre-orders are going for ridiculous prices such as 500$ . Crazy.

i am going to wait until it released, wait until some experienced do-gooder can release precise schematics so i can 3d print my own,

I think building a pip boy with 3d printing might be a nice little project,

But dammit I wish i had managed to pick one up.

AND DON'T FORGET THE 10TH OF NOVEMBER!
  • I could be wrong, but aren't those Pip Boys just holders for smartphones? 
  • Not interested in the slightest. I want to play the game, not dick about with Happy Meal bullshit. I will buy Fallout 4 eventually, but I might hold off at first to see how much of a glitch-fest it is. I'm also wondering if it's worth buying at all on release since a GOTY Ultra Deluxe all DLC included donkey punch edition is inevitable for next year.
  • I pre-orderd it for the Xbox One. I've not got any special editions on the console generation until now (use to always try and get them last gen).

I got it mainly because I'm majorly exited for the game and really want to get as much Fallout stuff as I can. Saying that due to the cost of the Pipboy edition I can't afford to get some of the other Fallout stuff they are selling (like the hoodie).
  • I buy those things for peanuts when i see them in book off or sofmap a year after the fact.
  • I'm very jealous @amardilo!

@NewAgeRed Yes it is just a smart phone holder.

@Dr Flibble Yes it is free with some select happy meals xD. It will be as uncomfortable probably as all hell. It would just be easier to have my smart phone on the desk.

@Dr Flibble Yes i fucking want one though!

Hard not to acquire a few glitches in a game which has so many mainly background variables interacting constantly on a huge scale. Especially when they test it all internally for some reason known only to Todd, his Son and the Holy Spirit.

I am a massive Bethesda Studios fan if you hadn't guessed. But to dismiss it as a likely glitch-fest is a pretty harsh and popular viewpoint. Though i am sure that engine still uses tech from the Morrowind era.

Incidently if you go onto youtube and to the Fleetwood Mac video 'Tell Me Lies' it is just comments about Todd Howard and Bethesda. Mildly Amusing.

But Fallout 3 and Skyrim were pretty playable on Launch so hey.

• I haven't pre-ordered a game since Pokemon Gold and Silver. 
    Pokemon Yellow had tons of copies even though we pre-ordered it, That was the seed. 
    When Gold/Silver came out and the clerk being shown a pre-order ticket pointed us to the huge shelf full of Gold and Silver games, the seed had grown into reality. I don't need to pre-order a damn thing.

Yes, all the little bonus things are neat. I'll never pre-order something for a DLC bonus, I'm against that kind of stuff anyway. (Stuff that was cut out to resell or use as pre-order bait.)
  • @NewAgeRed recently I felt exactly the same way. Until bloodborne. I didn't pre order. Went into 3 Stores the day of and only 1 had a single copy left (minus the copies the clerks held for themselves obviously)
  • No desire for wrist thingy that will not even stay the right way round. Probably the whole smart phone app will not hold me. I never did anything with fallout shelter.

The game is gonna be the bomb diggity. Cannot wait. Just me and the radio and wandering the wastes. Also, there will thousands of slow motion decapitations due to firearms. I am not sure how an antique repeater gets giant heads to unzip at the neck so politely, but I needs my vats fix real bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week