Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 07/09/15
  • Work-based late posting of WiG.  Full details to follow.

In the meantime, you know what to do...
  • (PS4 / Xbox One) Battlefield 4 - I've been trying out the new Night Operations map, it's an existing map but now it's in the dark. It's changed the gameplay up a lot so I am going to try and more more slowly.

(PS4) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - Going to try and get back into this again in prepperation for maybe playing MGS V The Phantom Pain.

If I like Ground Zeroes I'm hoping I'll go straight into play The Phantom Pain.
  • Bloodborne - Helped Epke finish it, and started on his 2nd playthru now.

Sniper Elite 3 - Finished it and now going back through for the collectibles. 

Zombie Army Trilogy - Played a little bit of this.

Mickey Castle of Illusion - Finished it

Duck Tales Remastered - At the last stage now. 

Dragon's Dogma Online - Started playing as a Hunter and got to level 10. It's not terrible, but I would have preferred to just have co-op in a regular DD game.

Until Dawn - Almost finished my 1st playthru. I like it. If you like these movie games and 90's horror (Scream, I know what you did last summer, etc) you will certainly enjoy this. 

I think that's everything for this week.
  • METAL GEAR SOLID 5

that is all
  • IA/VT Colorful - 
    Haven't made that much progress, just need about 20 more costumes to use and I'll have a few other more trophies to finish up with. taking a break with that game - was a tad boring after playing all the songs.

Taiko No Tatsujin V Version - 
    Already beat Donda Quest mode which did get me at times. 
    As a rhythm game veteran, I was surprised that I had to repeat certain missions multiple times to reach the required score. 
    Just need to Full combo 12 more songs and I'll get my Taiko Platinum Trophy

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 
    Did not think I'd be liking this game at all, guess I shouldn't judge the cover too soon.
    The game takes a bit to pick up, and the game mechanics can be a bit confusing at first - but once you get the hang of it, it becomes a breeze.
    The game is a tad twisted... Second visual novel i've ever played. But by far Virtues Last reward  owns the title of best visual novel (For me at least).
    Currently in the 4th chapter, and I'm probably about half way through with the game.
    Won't hesitate to try our the others in the series, hopefully theres some sale on the PSN store for halloween for the other games.
  • Dark Souls (PC)
    Tried taking on Nito in my NG+ run and got effectively squashed. That's about it.
  • Lots of Bloodborne with Flibble for some reason stuck at blood starved beast.

Lots of Skyrim doing side missions and killing dragons

and tried some of this months free PSN+ games, Grow home is fun, the others are very retro haven't really tried them yet. and twisted metal haven't tried that either, and as always Warframe and Warthunder

Flibbie when are you going to install warframe? So i can help you for once
  • Epke, I'll download it tonight maybe. We still have V2 to do!

And finished Duck Tales today. Last level had a bit of a difficulty spike after a fairly easy cruise through most of the game.
  • @Epke i just downloaded twisted metal.
    Wanna hop online and play some matches?
  • I started Grow Home, but could not have given less of a shit. Maybe I am mad the stick it to the man guys lost the vote. I am definitely going to give twisted metal a try.
  • MGS1 (PS1/PSN) Ok as of last post, I have beaten this game! Took about 11 hours and I really liked my code name at the end results screen; Elephant. :) Looking forward to starting up MGS2 HD. This week. :)

That was it from me. I haven't really had a lot of time/energy to play games lately. I did have a blast with MGS1 though. ;)
  • Played MGSV. Disappointing in a ton of ways, really cool in a few others. It's not all it's cracked up to be. I'm kinda bored with it, but not for the reasons I expected to get bored with it for. It does a lot of stupid things.

Mad Max though? Possible GOTY. It's living proof that the WB Open World Recipe, while reused and iterated on again and again can be one hell of a fun-ass game if everything's right. Mad Max is dope as fuck. Easily better than MGSV this week.

Still playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, still enjoying it.
  • @flibble and @Spaceofsoul sure hope that TM doesn't use area specific servers
  • You just had to didn't you @Sunflower . You had to. The whole world is pretty much in agreement that Metal Gear is amazing and Mad Max is pretty mediocre at best. But you. Nope. You just have to be different. I'm sure you just wait for everyone else to voice their opinion and think nah fuck that I'll think the opposite. Just 'cause.

As for me as I said above its all been Metal Gear. I seem to be in a proper rhythm with this game now. Get up 2 hours earlier than I need to. Play Metal Gear, do some side ops. Go work. Get home from work. Fire up that PS4. Play more Metal Gear story stuff. I love this game and I'm not afraid to join the crowd and say it.

It won't make you a sheep if you agree with the populous sunny.
  • Sorry you're catching feels over it. I like what I like.
  • Sunny truly enjoys dissing widely loved games. He says awful stuff about Uncharted and Skyrim, which is like dissing the Beatles. It says more about you than them.
    I don't like the Beatles either. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I mean really, heaven forbid I'm not like everyone else. You're not gonna shame me into lying about games I didn't enjoy
  • Ahhh, but that is not what I am trying to do. What I would point out is the key difference between not liking something and not respecting it. A child thinks that because it does not like chocolate, that chocolate is terrible, and all the people who like it must be stupid.

An example in art would be that I do not like The Beach Boys, but, because I am an adult, I do respect them. Pet Sounds is a massively important album that has inspired much art that I do love. You are welcome to not like Skyrim. However, when you call it hot garbage, you are disrespecting an impressive work of art, that has already likely influenced games that you do love. All you demonstrate is your ignorance, that you cannot tell the difference between your individual enjoyment and the greater importance of the work being considered.

A child thinks its opinion is the only one, that personal enjoyment and worthy of respect are the same thing. I think you are better than that.
  • But Skyrim isn't that great and Uncharted isn't that great either, so I gotta side with @Sunflower

Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
    Mo multiplayer, mo achievements. Still playing the Infection playlist that was added a few weeks or so ago. Action Sack is great too, but the whole map voting stuff guarantees you'll only play two maps/two modes in the rotation. I'm glad it's removed from Halo 5.
  • You are welcome to not like Uncharted, but you cannot deny its importance. I love the Beatles, if George Martin says Pet Sounds raised the bar in ways that deeply influenced Stg Peppers, I have to respect that. Sunny loves Gears. Cliffy B has talked about how impressive Uncharted 2 was. It clearly raised the bar in ways that improved the Gears series. This is not rocket science. This is basic art appreciation. The work has importance far beyond your experience of it. Focusing solely on that is literally child-like.
  • By saying they don't like something, they are not saying they deny it has value as art. You are the only one taking the discussion off on that tangent westsw. This is your usual clairvoyant routine of assuming to know the hearts and minds of everyone, then taking things people say and running off to Fantasyland with them. Sunny even said point blank in very short sentences that even nutta could comprehend that some aspects of MGS5 were done great, but that he felt it was overrated. What else does he have to say?
  • Just trying to raise the level of the discussion.
  • @Dr Flibble i think @westsw is pretty safe in his assumption of sunnies views. I mean if you just listen to games only and the trash he has talked about skyrim, you'll understand.

And as for my earlier view, I actually found it entertaining that @Sunflower threw some shade on Metal Gear Solid V. The way he trolls games like that on the podcast, with such close minded views, in a way only sunny can is extremely funny to listen to.
  • Sunny you yourself are guilty of condemning a game like it is a fact, (gamesonly podcast), Some people are very polarized over some games, I am pretty relaxed about it, Off course people who don't like Bloodborne should be shot :P
  • It's crazy to me that an opposing viewpoint is met with hivemind "GET HIM!" especially when it's centered around Skyrim's broken ass and Uncharted's "Well we did Tomb Raider, but better" perceived importance. 

I mean, sure - let's raise the level of discussion a bit, but let me drag it down to the bottom here real quick first.

Nutta what are you talking about? I troll games like...Metal Gear Solid V? What in the world?! MGSV's closest similar game, to me, is probably Far Cry 2-4. From a gameplay perspective. And that's where MGSV excels - the gameplay, the open ended ways to complete missions however you feel. Thats its best part.

Also the trash I talked about Skyrim? Stanning for Skyrim in 2015? 2015? 

Epke Bloodborne made me bored. I wanted to get deep into it but I couldn't. I wanted to. But I couldn't. I keep hoping I'll come back to it but I have a hard time getting motivated. And it's not a problem for someone to condemn a game as if it were fact - because to me, it IS fact.

Regarding games as art, I completely wholeheartedly believe games are art.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week