Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 10/08/15
  • Placeholder text that holds a place.  Text in this place will replace the placeholder text when I'm in a better place to be writing text.
  • Finally chugged through the end of the story with Batman AK. Great story for a video game but many of the final missions just turned into chores. No new mechanics, just piles and piles of enemies. The 60 tank battle was just stupid. Mixed feelings.
  • Here lemme do my best Egg impersonation.

"When not out with the missus and the children I found myself alone in the den able to get a spot of FIFA 14. Breckenhemper is out with a torn quad, and his replacement, Lincolnshire, tore his ACL in his first match. Needless to say I've been juggling my club quite a bit in order to prepare for our match against the Bluepool Wizards."

I've been playing more Borderlands Pre-Sequel, and all it does is remind me that Tales From The Borderlands is hands down the best Telltale AND Borderlands game. It's that goddamned good.

Also a lot of World of Tanks on the Xbox One. Man, this game is so good. Nothing new though for people who have been playing it, they know its greatness.
    Noobied by 2Hazelnut Littleg
  • More FFXIV for me-
    Finally reached:
    lvl 40 Black Mage, Lvl 30 Botanist, Lvl 15 archer, Lvl 10 Weaver, and Lvl 15 Conjurer. Almost through with the story, and hopefully will be getting the heavensward content soon.

Bomberman Hero-
    Found myself a classic controller at GameStop, and felt like revisiting some classics on the 64 I have yet to play.
    Found bomberman hero on the virtual console, and it's a lot easier than I remember.
    Completed the first world with all perfect scores.
  • I've been so busy and tired this past week, I've only had the energy to play The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (PS4) I beat mom, but not MOM's Heart. I managed to get to Utero 2 last night with half a heart but went into a room got swarmed with monsters and died. Some nights I get good RNG and other nights not so much.

I did start Demon Hearts (PC) on Steam on Sunday night, I beat the 1st chapter and I like it. Its one of those punisher platformers. I like how the double jump works, if you fall off a ledge you can still double jump. Don't know how much more time I'll play, short on free time/energy. But I like it enough to go back to it when I get more time.

Ok, thats all the games I actually played last week. I just yesterday bought the Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist for XB1 but haven't turned the XB1 to download it yet. I am also super interested in Gauntlet Slayer Edition on PS4 so I might download that later this week, even though I highly doubt I'll have time to get into it right now. I think I'm just stalling until Curses N' Chaos PS4 comes out on the 18th b/c that looks right up my alley. :)

• Dark Souls 2 - Made a new character and went through it again.

Witcher 3 - Made a little progress, still not that gripped. Met some random dude and played Gwent with him, and got massacred by his deck of much more powerful cards.

Helldivers - Did some boss fights.

Tomb Raider - Played some online.

LEGO Jurassic World - Did the first few missions. Looking pretty good so far.
  • @Dr Flibble

I may be biased since I'm a huuuuuge Jurassic Park fan but I loved LEGO Jurassic World.

Minecraft (PC)
    Was in a pretty bad mood on Sunday night, so I went ahead and built a Quidditch Pitch from Harry Potter. Nothing too exciting.

Assassin's Creed: Unity (Xbox One)
    I finished up the main story about a month back and got around to downloading and playing the free DLC 'Dead Kings'. I'm not too far into the DLC, but it's alright. I'm feeling a little more hooked on it than the main story of the game. More thoughts soon.
  • Rare Replay
    What a bargain. All those games and only £19. Yet I'm playing 2.

Banjo and Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
    I never really got into this. I did own the game on 360 but time wise probably put an hour into it. Now I'm about 5 hours deep. Building all types of odd vehicles. Most don't work but it's been fun all the same.

Viva Piñata 2
    I played a lot of the original but ultimately got frustrated with the game. Hence the reason I never picked this up. But I suppose now is time to jump back in and have my papery animals be killed by other papery animals while I am helplessly making two whirms do a sexy dance. I'm getting annoyed thinking about it. I played an hour last night. Just picking the basics up again.

WWE 2k15
    Okay this game reviewed poorly but I'm actually enjoying creating me. All be it a fitter more masculine version. Taking him into NXT and winning the championship. I have just moved up to superstars and now that I'm facing big time wrestlers .......like.....erm Xavier Woods (what come on he's okay) I am getting slaughtered.

Rocket League
    Like usual a few ranked matches to keep up on it.

Street Fighter 4
    Bad at this game. Have always been bad at this game. It was on sale on Ps4. I have actually triple dipped on a game I don't really like.

Madden 15
    Finally I haven't actually played this yet. It was also on a psn sale. Being a British man I do not understand American football. What? I have 4 chances to get 10 yards. Well that's easy. Get to the end of the field throw the ball down. Dance. Right. Right.

No seriously always been interested in the sport. I guess it's time to learn. And at only £12 how could it go wrong.
    Noobied by 18drawt
  • IIRC, handegg's official rulebook is longer than football/soccer, basektball, and hockey combined.
  • I played a few more missions today Manio, I agree, it's one of the better LEGO games so far.

I forgot to add I played

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - It's free on PS+ this month so I played through it. It was pretty short, and not much challenge. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't go back for a 2nd playthru and doing all the challenges for the last trophy can take a hike, especially with no platinum for the effort.
  • Same as last week for me

(PS4 / Xbox One) Battlefield 4 - Playing some more multiplayer games. Hopefully I'll get into the Xbox One CTE soon so I can test out the new night map.

(Xbox One) The Witcher 3 - Getting really into this game now. I normally do lots of side quests but I kind of want to get more of the main quest done, so I'm not too sure what I'm going to do.
  • I MISS NOOBTOOB SO MUCH!
    My friend and I created a Gaming Podcast in inspiration from noobtoob. Would be greatly appreciated if anyone watched and gave feedback.Thanks! YOW!!!
    https://youtu.be/8ivwvRqy1rM
  • Playing, Castle storm, drago0nquest (ps4), the walking dead, Sound shapes, Warframe, limbo, warthunder and Skyrim, Was enjoying Skyrim until, suddenly the enemies ranked immensely, and the mission with delphine where you have to kill the just resurrected dragon in a space with not much to hide behind, and the glitchy engine, try to jump on an inclined rock surface, get stuck flames that go through rocks, another game that goes back into the closet.
  • Epke why did you waste your time playing Skyrim? I offered to help you through Bloodborne.
  • Yeah sorry, tonight i will try it not sure if i have that thing to call you into my game yet, where do you get it?
  • If you've met a boss and returned to the hub you will get the beckoning bell, then you can summon people into your game.
  • So i have to kill a boss first?
  • No just encounter it. You still get a point of insight even if you die and when you get your first insight point you will get the bell.
  • OK i will try got killed by werewolves the last time i tried to reach it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week