ZombiU Coming To Xbox One, PS4 and PC
  • So, looks like a few years after ZombiU's release it will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

This is pretty neat, especially for those of us who never picked up the WiiU, or never got a chance to play the game. I'll be checking it out. Ubisoft also dropped a new trailer today, and the game drops on August 18th.

• Maybe too late?
  • Is this an online release only or something? I can't find anybody selling physical copies.
  • Can't find any details yet. Imagine it may only be online only. Shame they're removing the multiplayer component.
  • Yeah I did some looking into it and it's online only. No physical copies. I might pick it up, but Until Dawn is coming this month and I want to play that over this.
  • I'll pick it up if it's cheap. I don't think I could justify like $60 for a game that's a few years old at this point. Totally can't wait to hear thoughts on Until Dawn. Sadly, Until Dawn and Bloodborne are the only games selling me on a PS4.

I need more.
  • I don't know much about this game again exposing my ignorance. But it seems well received on the WiiU. Probbaly not my scene though.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=209&v=JPXxXI2sjDU

Holy dislikes Batman.

It's Ubisoft Australia showing it off. Sounds like it's gonna be a cheap game, and looks like it's just a port. No touch-ups, etc.
  • Looks like ZombiPoo.
  • Yeah, it's getting pretty mixed reviews. I still want to try it, but definitely if there's ever a price-drop or if it becomes one of the "Games With Gold".
  • It popped up on Japan's PSN yesterday, only 2000yen ($20 or so US). At least they aren't going crazy with the price. I was expecting maybe a $40 job. I might give it a go for $20.
  • Yeah, it's about $20 on Xbox One here in Canada. I might take a peek because the reviews seemed to have leveled out.
  • This is on sale on the US PSN at the moment for $13 so I bought it. I've only played a little bit, but what I have played I have enjoyed. I'm looking forward to getting more time with it. I'm also getting the vibe that this might be a genuine survival horror game. You can't carry many resources, zombies are plentiful, and it has that whole Souls mechanic where if you die, your corpse becomes a zombie which you then have to go find, kill, and loot to get your stuff back. At the current price it's worth a look.
  • It's on sale on Xbox One now too. I've been curious, but I'm broke at the moment. Hopefully I can pick it up before the sale ends.
  • I played the game way back when it came out for the WiiU. It's incredible. Up until Super Mario Maker it was by far the most fun I have had with a WiiU game. I would be really interested to see what they have done with the game pad screen stuff because if I remember rightly the game heavily featured those mechanics for map and some in game stuff.
  • The map is always in the bottom right corner of the screen. The touch pad on the PS4 controller opens the bug out bag, and all the radio transmissions come through the controller speaker as several games have done now. I don't know if it's been dumbed down in some way from the WiiU version, but everything is pretty bog standard so far from what I've played. I can't see any reason why you'd need a separate screen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week