Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 20/07/15
  • Games, right?  I mean, what's that all about?  Like, could they be any more video game-y?

(360) FIFA14 The new Forza, in that you might as well just assume that I will have picked this up at some point during the week.  Through to the Semi-Finals of the Champions League, Club Captain Paul Pogba is moaning because I rested him for a couple of games, star attacking midfielder Christian Erikksen is agitating for a move (which is pretty shitty timing, given the Ross Barkley mess-up last week), same-old same-old, really.

(360) Red Dead Redemption Finally!  I'm barely a handful of hours into this and am still being occasionally tutorialised, but I'm starting to see the seed of why this game seems to mean so much to so many people.  That frustrated-film-maker Rockstar vibe is pretty strong and the dialogue and voice acting is not bad at all too, playing in the Wild West (and that interesting, transitional phase of the end of the Old West at that) is a unique enough setting to make me want to roam around and just see what the world has to offer.  I can't get used to the horse steering, but I'm sure it'll become familiar soon enough.

...Aaaaand that's it for me.  If you need me, I'll be out on the back nine herding up some steers, ma'am.
  • Had lots of time to game since I've been on leave of absence from work.
    Was rushed to the hospital for some heart complications and got a cardiogram set for August 3rd. Here's hoping things turn out ok

Final Fantasy XIV RR: finally got my Thaumaturge to level 28. Haven't decided which route I want to go with first. Either white Mage or Black Mage. Love that you can switch jobs at will, makes the game a lot more interesting. And gives you a taste of all the classes/jobs without having to make new characters. Did a few dungeon raids with my free company, but for the most part, all I did was story quest and do fates for some GC seals.

Rocket League: had some friends come over to play the game and we had a blast. Great party game.

Castle Crashers PC: Jumped into castle Crashers again on PC. Half way done with the game.
  • Helldivers - Finally cranked out 100K kills and platted this bad boy. I hope there's more DLC coming.

Murdered Soul Suspect - It's interesting, but not much of a game. You just run about talking to people and examining things, then putting the pieces together to make progress. It's also a massive collect-a-thon. There's shit to pick up all over the place.

War Thunder - Meh. I didn't play much, but played enough to know this isn't for me. Boring.

Saint's Row 2 - I bought it on PSN for $5 and played a little bit. I loved this game back in the day when I had it on 360.
  • (Xbox 1) Volgarr The Viking I beat it! Holy shit! I repeated stage 5 so many times, I could almost play it with my eyes closed I think. I had a lot of fun with the game, and I got the easiest ending, C. I may go back for endings B, and A, since I never even saw any of the Valkyrie stages, but not right now.

(PS4) Godzilla I started this up since I knew it wasn't going to be too difficult. And the fact that I love Giant Monsters/Godzilla. This game was pretty short, there are a lot of monsters to unlock and level up, and an online multiplayer component, but thats really not my thing. I saw the ending credits, but still have 1 stages left to complete. I really did enjoy my time with this one, but it gets repetitive quick.

(WiiU) Super Mario World I played the 1st world last night. Still a fun game. Didn't feel like starting something new just then is all. ;)

Thats it from me for last week. I have no idea what the hell I'm going to play this week. Work has been really hectic and when I've had time to play games, I've been too tired. We shall see I guess.
  • Holy crap, @SpaceOfSoul , I hope it's nothing serious.  Take good care of yourself until you do get everything properly checked out.  Try not to play anything too stressful, OK?
  • Mainly Rocket League. I try and at least play 2 or 3 games a day. I can feel myself getting better at the game but I don't think I will ever be the aerial threat I want to be.

@SpaceOfSoul, hope everything goes okay dude. As for the multiplayer. Was that on one ps4 split screen? Me and a mate are thinking about setting 2 PlayStation 4's up for some 3 on 3 action if it's actually possible to play 3 on one TV.
  • @Littleg things seem to be ok for the most part. The current discomfort I feel, is if I were to have pulled a nerve.
    You know when you sleep awkwardly and wake up with a crink in your neck?
    That exact discomfort but on my left chest.

@nutta27 Thanks. We all played on one screen 2 vs 2 on PC. It is possible to play with up to 4 players (local), we haven't tried a two console setup.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week