Reading Books
  • It is, I suspect, with surreptitious anxiousness that the community here at large comes to concern my weekly polls; thus the lack of celebrated occasion around their very existence. That the polls are rather superfluous and at times pedantically clumsy does not belittle the fact that these polls are of the utmost importance in realizing the acquired tastes and beliefs of this here aforementioned community.

Today's, or rather, this week's poll, concerns the written word; the 2nd oldest form of artistic media on the planet, and undoubtedly the single most influential. We have, as is easy to see, some threads dedicated to the matter of the current pursuit vis a vis reading from members of this forum, but now that we are slightly through over half of the Year of Our Lord 2015, I have decided to inquire as to how many books the members of this not-so-proliferate forum have consumed over the course of the 6.5 months of this hereto year. Given what I know about how many books the average adult reads, I was curious to see if the members of NooBus TooBus read at levels; higher than, equal to, or lower than the average adult Homo sapiens. That the following poll will expound an inordinately small sample size is neither here nor there, as scientific rigor, while valuable, is not the goal of this study.
    Books
    1. How many books have you read this year so far?7 votes
        Zero
        28.57%
      1. 1
        14.29%
      2. 2
          0.00%
      3. 3
        14.29%
      4. 4
          0.00%
      5. 5-8
        28.57%
      6. 9-15
          0.00%
      7. 16-25
          0.00%
      8. 26+
        14.29%
  • You may also note that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with PAX, but I decided to post it under PAX for reasons of childish enjoyment.
  • 50 Shades of Grey has the intellect of 69 books, so I'm in the 26+ category. 
  • I do not read enough.
  • “Sitting beside me, he gently pulls my sweatpants down. Up and down like a whores’ drawers, my subconscious remarks bitterly. In my head, I tell her where to go. Christian squirts baby oil into his hand and then rubs my behind with careful tenderness—from makeup remover to soothing balm for a spanked ass, who would have thought it was such a versatile liquid.” 
  • @westsw I feel like this will always be the answer, for everyone, for unless reading has consumed your day to day to the point of nothing else getting done, it's doubtful one can read too much.
  • If you had asked this last year, I would be in the 5-8 range. 
  • I'm in the 5-8 range simply because I've been forcing myself to read. Actually, if I were to count comics/graphic novels it would be higher.
  • Quite shamefully nothing this year. Last year was a different story. But alas this year my kindle has not even ventured out of my drawer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week