• So basically I'm in the early stages of contemplating losing my virginity in terms of building my own PC.

I was contemplating just upgrading my GPU on my current system, but I feel like most of the components are showing their age and it may be time to do a whole new build. 

My budget is £1000 and the only thing I do not need is a new HDD, since I bought a new one last year.

What I want from the system is short term performance at 1080P, but with room for growth to 4K gaming longer term.

With that in mind, these are some of components I'm considering, but welcome any input.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor - Seems to be go to CPU at the moment. There seems to be great room for overclocking, which is something I want to experiment with.

RAM: DDR3 8GB - 8GB will suffice for now.

GPU: GTX 970 - Seems to run anything at 1080P, which for the short term is what I want.  

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo-Series 120GB 2.5" - From what I've read, it is highly recommended.

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit - I don't know whether I should spend a bit extra and go for a 750W to future proof the system a bit more.

The only components I'm not sure about is the motherboard, CPU cooler, case fans and computer case. I know the latter is somewhat an aesthetic choice, but I'm less concerned with looks and more concerned with it fitting all my components and has good cable management.  
  • I don't know enough to judge that set up. 
    I've posted this more than once, but I think it's a good place to check out. 

Also.

:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week