Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 29/06/15
  • You can read all about what's been eating up my gaming time over at the 101 thread... Put it this way, Xbox memory management and customer support chasing don't have much by way of replayability.

Outside of that, our pending house move to the lovely Surrey town of Dorking (which may be lovely but also has a stupid name) is looming large in my mind and eats up all potential opportunities to relax with gamepad in hand. So, not much to report but as I couldn't guarantee a working internet connection once we got into the new place, I figured I better post the WiG early.

So get posting, chums. Maybe you too are looking to fill the void left by being unable run away from a fictional xenomorph?
  • Ouch, seems you got a lot on your plate @Littleg . Hope your move goes smoothly.

Haven't really played much, popped in Tales of Symphonia.
    Played only for about 30 minutes before I was struck with fatigue. Been working too much.

Donkey kong tropical freeze:
    Got through the first 2 levels and put the game down. No matter how much I try, this game just doesn't seem fun.
    Still going to push through and try to beat it.

Buying one of my coworkers gaming desktop, and hoping to get back into PC gaming again. Though I won't be getting it til Wednesday, so a couple more days.
  • lmaooooooooooooooo @ Dorking, that's hilarious, I can't even...that's so bad. SO bad. My god.

I've been trying to kinda wrap up Infamous Second Son, but it's a slog. Just finding motivation to play it is a pain in the ass. Kinda stopped dead on Witcher 3. I'll pick it back up, I am sure. Fucked around with Planetside 2 on PS4, but I really do prefer it on PC. The queues on Planetside 2 are terrible, but it's also not done yet.

Elder Scrolls Online has lost me, probably sending it back. I still own it on PC so who cares, right? And uh,Tales from the Borderlands is goddamned amazing, and I hate the Border-verse. It's really great. Easily the best Telltale adventure game they've ever done, easily - but still not quite as good as Life is Strange. Highly recommended, I think it's half price on the Bone right now.
  • Mass Effect - Platted it after buying it years ago and never touching it. It seemed to run better than on 360 in some places, and worse in others. There were some horrible glitch moments in the Mako.

LEGO Batman 3 - Playing through the free play modes doing side quests and stuff.

Helldivers - The war finally ended so now the Illuminate have respawned. I played a few missions and will try for the cape this week.
    Noobied by 1sloth
  • PS4 Lords of the Fallen; I've opened Chamber of Lies in the Rohgar world and Now I'm trying to beat the Guardian, before going to look for the final Lord. I'm really enjoying this game now, when its not glitching; random invisible barriers, temp invincible enemies and my character getting completely stuck on some stairs able to do nothing but spin in place until a quit to the main menu.

Looks like I'm nearing the end of Lords so I'm looking into what I want to try out next. Might play a Steam game or 2 this week. Between trying to finish Lords. ;)
  • (Xbox One) Assassin's Creed Unity
    I polished off Shadow Of Mordor this weekend so I decided to dedicate more time into Unity. I'm not hating it so far like everyone else on the planet seemed to. Still not too big on Arno as a character, but the game looks good. Running around in Canary Yellow Assassin's robes is pretty great, but cannot be practical. Took out some dudes with a giant axe, and did some main story missions.

Just polished off Memory Sequence 4. I haven't renewed my Xbox Live in about a year now, but I am curious about the co-op aspect of this game.
  • (PS4) Batman Arkham Knight - Wrapping up the story and some side missions.

(Xbox One) Witcher 3 - Slowly working my way through, however I'm currently in some never ending cave and I've run out of everything to regain my health and I know a boss fight is about to come up soon.

(Xbox One) Forza Horizon 2 - Just driving around and doing some races.

(PS4) Planetside 2 - Playing this with friends but finding it hard to figure out what to do at times.
  • @Dr Flibble Mass Effect's Mako moments were the worst. That and the elevators. Once the banter is over you just want it to end. Great game back in the day but to go back I play it now? Honestly? I don't think I could.

Modded Skyrim (PC) is finally fixed, booted around on it. I fyou do use 3DNPCs, (aka Interesting NPCs), recommend downloading from the author's blogsite instead of nexusmods. http://3dnpc.com/
    Lots of potential installation mishaps can be avoided this way.

Started a new character and got my shouts. On to killin' dwagons~

Forza Horizon 2 (Bone)

If anyone could tell me whether the Storm Island DLC is worthwhile, I'd be glad for the advice. Mr. TC's getting really, really, into the game, and I thought I'd soup it up for him a bit.
  • Well, I'm all set up at the new place, even had working internet from Day One, which I genuinely didn't expect.  My Mum came down to stay during the move to help out, though, and until we have the spare bedroom set up with like, y'know, a bed she was sleeping in the lounge, which meant I wasn't able to set up/play on the consoles.  She's headed off to visit friends who live nearby today however, so I'm hoping to be back into games by the weekend.

Now, I know I'd made a vague nod towards starting Red Dead a couple of weeks back, but @tallchick  and her inspiring post about Skyrim (helped enormously by it being on sale a couple of weeks back) has made that my primary target for the 360.  Let's see how we get on...

• @tallchick I've not got round to playing Storm Island yet but by the looks of it, it seems like mostly off road stuff. So if you're into off road races then it might be worth looking at. Also the weather effects looks more intense compared to the base game so handling might be more difficult. Although this is all a guess.
  • @tallchick, the secret to surviving was podcasts. I would put the volume down on the TV and listen to a podcast or something on YouTube instead. I already knew all the dialogue options and the fastest ways to get things done from playing the game years ago, so I just blasted through most areas on autopilot and focused my brain on the podcasts. The elevators or long ass Mako drives didn't feel so long when I had something to focus my attention on. It's still a good game, performance issues aside, and I still think its the best in the series. I'm interested to see where they try to go with ME4 though.
    Noobied by 1tallchick
  • (Xbox One) Dead Rising 3
    Just picked this up while I take a wee break from Unity's story mode. Holy balls this game is great. I made some kick-ass combo weapons, combo vehicles, and killed a bunch of zombies. I'm on Chapter 8 which I believe is the last chapter in the story.

Gonna clean up some cheevos after if I can (I've never finished a Dead Rising game, oops).
  • @Littleg uh, Egg? Are you serious? You picked Skyrim over god damn RDR?

Come ON, for the love of GOD
    Noobied by 1tallchick
  • I'm with Sunny on this one.

@Littleg

RDR is leagues better than Skyrim, mate! Shame!
  • Skyrim is Omazin.

I just put Hearthstone on my Note 4. Goodbye everybody, I might as well have started smoking crack.
  • Played Her Story this week. This is probably going to be my GOTY. No difference in what platform you play it on. It's a goddamn masterpiece.
  • @Sunflower I thought it was a PC only game and as I don't own a PC I didn't take much notice of the game. But when you mentioned platform I checked it out and noticed that it has an iOS version so I might pick that up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week