Top 5 Asshole Arcades
  • So I made a video on my top 5 arcades from when I was a kid I loved that are true assholes now as a adult and I see how they were made to rob me of my childhood savings. If you watch this video Im curious to what your top 5 would be. 

• I didn't play a ton of arcade games growing up, I think I kind if knew they were a bit of a rip, but also because my parents were cheap. :P
    One time a machine wasn't locked and I could see all the little option switches and stuff that they could change on you to make it harder etc. I also could tell that things like the claw machines, were rigged.

Maybe it's me, but the audio was a bit low in this video.
    Crazy Idea I just thought of, we should all go find an arcade game and record ourselves playing it. Any random game. :D
    Noobied by 1GameByNightReviews
  • Maybe I was a bit more fortunate.
    I used to frequent the arcade a lot at my mall in Chicago as a kid (The Harlem Irving Plaza aka The Hip), and the arcade staff would give me free tokens.

Now, when I moved to Austin, things were different, cab prices were always absurd since the games I played were rhythm games. And now that I had to watch my money, I couldn't frequent and get to know the staff like I used to in Chicago
    Games such as DDR, Pump It Up, In The Groove, Taiko Drum Master, Percussion Master and para para paradise.
    And all of these are ridiculously priced.
    Each of these would require at least $1.00 to play these games, and if you've ever played a rhythm game, you know that you only ever get to play 3 songs.
    And guess what? Fail the first song? Tough shit, it's game over and you're S.O.L on the remaining two songs.

So growing up in the Rhythm arcade gaming community, I've become accustomed to the prices of these arcade cabs.

DjMax Technika alone took around $400 in my senior year of high school.
    Beatmania IIDX around $100-$200

And I can't even recall how much I've spent on the other cabs.
    These games are all trial and error, but it was always satisfying when I would get better and better at a song.
    I kept popping in quarters til I beat the song.
    And with Beatmania IIDXs difficulty and learning curve, you best be ready to spend some money.

I wouldn't really call these games "assholes", because the difficulty of these games were fair. If I failed, it was because I wasn't good enough. These games don't hold your hand, and that's why I love rhythm games.

Hell, just take a look what hard looks like
    http://youtu.be/2NIQIDKH5eI
  • @NewAgeRed Thats a great idea. I live in Sacramento and there is a Golf Land close by I have been wanting to go to for a long time now that has a arcade inside a castle. I think we should all try to do this!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week