Anyone following the Silk Road case?
  • Yeah but the murder stuff was never proven, not even whether anyone was actually killed, and apparently no charges were even made in the trial regarding those, so it's all just hearsay really.
  • Libertarianism and the average run of the mill libertarian as I understand them to be are not anti-government, they're anti big government. To a hardcore statist I guess both ideas are equally abhorrent but there is a difference. What you are describing is anarchy, but I've seen some anarchists hitch themselves to the libertarian bandwagon so I guess it's hard to keep ideas separate in simpler minds. Maximized personal freedom is not one and the same with abolition of a government however.

Who gives a shit what the guy was thinking about? Thought crimes are a thing now? Fucking Hell. Talk about naivete.
  • Oh dear, more projections, egotism, deliberate obtuseness, and pettiness that is the hallmark of your angry little existence. I didn't call you anything, nor did I say you can't post about a topic, but you're so fragile and vain you see personal attacks everywhere. Must be a tiring way to live. But let me guess, you knew what I was thinking! As you know what everyone everywhere is thinking! Hehe.

We could continue, talk MO and delve further into your delusional world but the mind of one useful idiot is much the same as any other, and you don't have an original thought in your head with which to entice me, so that'll be all. Adieu, mademoiselle. No wait, to keep this conclusion more in check with your fascistic tendencies; Auf Wiedersehen, Fräulein.
  • I state you seem to be needlessly promoting conflict and you respond with a torrent of insults and storm off like a child. You prove my point for me.
  • "Don't be a dick"
    Noobied by 2FirLocke sloth
  • Uh Flibble, you are still simply escalating. This is stuff a 14yo would post. This is upsetting nobody and only illustrates you are upset.

In terms of Silk Road, I still maintain a market place that allows literally anything, not just drugs, is by definition so criminal that any further political position it proposes is undermined by it.
  • What are your thoughts on the cryptocurrency, Bitcoin?
  • I am not sure I know enough to comment usefully. It mostly seems like a tax dodge. Periodically barter currencies arise, and grow until the government recognizes that it is money and they are not getting their cut. Then said currency dies out, because it has no advantage and is less convenient. It seems simple enough, all money is imaginary information. I certainly do not propose to understand how it is "made". It just seems like a commodity. If anyone wants to explain that.... The collapse of Mtgox does not seem to have destroyed confidence. Did they get rid of the shorthand that allowed that to happen?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week