Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 06/04/15
  • Late again this week, although this time it was simply down to not having anything to write about.  Not much fun in writing 'Nothing' as it turns out too...

Well, I say Nothing, but I did confound the last few weeks by returning to (360) FIFA14 for a handful of matches and to roll the squad over into the new season.  Manchester United made a £22M bid for Paul Pogba which, if you know your football, is hi-larious.  I turned it down, of course, he's the engine of my midfield!  A bit of squad-thinning here and there by loaning out some of the younger superstars I scooped up with the Ronaldo/Messi/Ribery windfall and Blackpool are looking strong for their first season in the Premier League, not too much competition for starting slots in the side and a good batch of young players coming through.

I am of course, shaking my head at myself as I write all this.  Why on earth do I keep going back to this game?  In the next week or so, I'll settle on something from my backlog to focus on and kick on with that, put this FIFA-obsession and XCOM disappointment behind me...

Share your gaming targets and goals for the next weeks in here, folks.  Are your objectives Specific, Measurable, Acheivable, Realistic and Time-bound?
    Noobied by 18drawt
  • BloodBorne (PS4) I've beaten the Blood Starved Beast, and then dropped a lot of Blood Echoes at another boss, and I haven't played since. Nothing to do with the game, just been really busy/tired lately.

Super Mario 64 (WiiU VC) I played this a tiny bit on Sunday, I got the 1st 9 stars I think. Its old, but still a pretty decent time. :)

I really want to go back and play more Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 PS4 arrived in the post today, and Titan Souls, and Mortal Kombat X are coming out next week, and I still can't manage to squeeze more than a few hours a week to play games. ;( I may have even less time this week than last. But its still kinda early in the week, and I'm going to try damnit. ;)
    Noobied by 18drawt
  • I'm continuing to play the same games 3 weeks in a row as well as the Planetside 2 beta.

(PS4 / Xbox One) Battlefield 4 - Still playing the multiplayer and still really enjoying it.

(PS4 / Xbox One) Battlefield Hardline - Working on getting some attachments and mostly playing Hotwire, Blood Money and Conquest.

(PS4) Bloodborne - Slowly levelling up to make my way to a boss with a giant gun.

(PS4) Planetside 2 - Playing the beta and trying to figure things out.
    Noobied by 18drawt
  • Bloodborne - Went through and saw the 3 endings. Started NG+ with my Arcane character and am up to the Forbidden Forest section. NG+ is not much fun. You get more blood echoes from enemies, but that's about it. Also started on the dungeons because I have to to get the plat, and am just starting depth 3. So far it's been pretty easy and mindless killing, but the enemies are slowly getting tougher the deeper I go.

Dark Souls 2 - Restarted all over again with the PS4 version. I bought the Japanese version because it was so cheap. Why Americans are having to pay $60 for this is beyond me. The Japanese collector's edition which includes a book, 2 disc soundtrack, and map/character poster, all in a sexy box, was only $40.

LEGO games - Played various LEGO games and made various progress.

Helldivers - Grinding to 100K kills when the mood strikes me.

This evening I will try a game I bought a few weeks ago and neglected; Zombie Army Trilogy! I'm curious to see if anyone is playing this game online. It received zero fanfare and zero shits given from everyone I've talked to about it.
    Noobied by 18drawt
  • Damn! @Dr Flibble, thats a good deal on DS2. DmC Remastered was $40 here, I have no idea why DS2 is $60 here and came with no extras goodies at all. :(
  • DS2 is gonna drop in price so fast it will be twenty bucks before Halloween.
  • @Littleg There is always something about football games that keeps dragging you back! I am the same but It is a little while since I have played PES 2015 (not FIFA), so long in fact that I cannot even remember which Championship team I am managing; I have played nearly a full season with them!

The Elder Scrolls 4 : Oblivion. 
    I am 33 hours into this playthrough and I am still getting my arse handed to me :( . I have various mods installed many of which improve the enemy variety, AI and strength. I thought by now the promised rewards would present themselves, but no, I am poor and weak.
  • @vampirelich Most HD remasters start at $40 here. There are a few exceptions like Diablo 3 and Earth Defense Force which went for the full $60. It's outrageous that they are asking full price with EDF.
  • @westsw no doubt! There will be at least some sort of Halloween special on the souls games.

SMT IV - Restarted my game of Shin Megami Tensei IV. Could've easily just started up my old playthrough, but felt like I needed a good refresher, and my stat distribution for my character was all over the place.
    Going to try for a chaos ending this round.
    Forgot how brutal this game can get, I love it.

Not much gaming being done. Trying to focus on practicing my guitar a bit more. Neglected it for quite a while, and now that I'm back on it... It's quite addicting.
    Instead of blisters from fighters on using the D-pad, I'm now getting cuts from the strings. What a wonderful trade.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week