32:23 StreetPass Mii Plaza Ultimate Angler and Battleground Z
    33:38 StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium
    34:28 Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
    37:14 Fire Emblem
    41:05 Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and amiibo Cards
    42:47 Mario Kart 8 Animal Crossing DLC
    45:04 Mario Kart 8 Additional Mii Racing Suits
    45:28 200cc is Here!

Not only did we get a new trailer for the latest Fire Emblem, - which looks BRILLIANT btw - we also get a proper look at Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem! And it looks nothing like what anybody expected! Upbeat, jpoppy, young cast, honestly it looks more like Persona than SMT! There was armour and lances and Pegasi which I guess is the Fire Emblem influence. There was also a character reference to a previous Fire Emblem. As for SMT....there was a shot with buildings crumbled and afloat which felt like a scenario that SMT would have. So all in all, it looks like it's going to be a unique game rather than a mash up or a crossover. Nonetheless, I'm excited for it. It looks awesome!

I'll shut up now, here's the trailer:

Here's the trailer for the latest Fire Emblem as well. There will be two sides that we can choose from, which sounds like the game will be something to play through twice to see all of the story. Hoshido ftw! There also seems to be environmental manipulation out on the battlefield, but it looks slight. Beautiful trailer. Out next year.

Now for a couple of surprise announcements! Attack on Titan for 3DS will be coming out in May. An AoT game sounds really fun. But even more exciting; the new Fatal Frame will be coming out sometime this year! I've never played a Fatal Frame before nor am I a big fan of horror games in general, but Fatal Frame always looked like one of the more interesting ones. This one looks great. Will post the trailer for FF whenever it's up. For now, it's at 24:44 in the Direct video above.

There were a good few other announcements, but these are the ones that stood out to me. Oh! Another thing is that the MK8 DLC that was due in May has now been pushed up to April. Also, there's will be a free update to MK8 that introduces 200cc difficulty, and it looks really fast. Looking forward to that.

One more thing! Mewtwo will be out as DLC very soon, and Lucas from Mother 3/Smash Bros Brawl will be out as DLC this summer. AND! You can vote for who want next to be in Smash Bros! And you can literally vote for whoever you want! Submit your vote right here. https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Noobied by 18drawt
  • @Firlocke I really appreciate the work that went into this post dude! I'm about to settle down and have me some Nintendo direct for the next three quarters of an hour :) .
  • @8drawt Haha! You're welcome man and thanks for the noobie. :) The direct that I posted is the American one, here's the UK one just in case.

https://youtu.be/_IHnPB6m4Mk

It's mostly the same, but it's nice to be region specific. :)
  • Wow, I am now genuinely interested in Xenoblade. It would mean I would have to get a (New) New 3DS though :/ . The game looks legitimately epic, I can't believe that I have never paid the series much/any attention before! 
  • It's the first game in its series and it came out late into the Wii's lifecycle, so I'd say a few people havent heard of it. :) To be honest it looks a lot better on Wii as well. You can get a Classic Controller Pro to play it too, so you don't need to use the wiimote + nunchuck. It's pretty hard to get a copy on the Wii nowadays though.....

While I like the game, I couldn't stuck with it. It's enormous, the graphics are pretty good, the music is excellent, but the cast is kiiiiinda boring. Nonetheless I'm really excited for the sequel coming to Wii U! Epic is a quite a suiting word for the games. :)
  • Placed my vote

Noobied by 1FirLocke
  • @FirLocke I have just had a look on Amazon, £70.00 for the Wii version. That must be more than what it would cost for a Wii at this point most likely :0 . Definitely going to add it to my to do list for when I eventually get a New 3DS. But it does have the air of a game that most likely wont be completed xD .
  • Two things popped for me
    1. Fatal Frame (YESSSSSSSSS!)
    2. Fire Emblem x SMT

I've never played a fire emblem game long enough to even find interest in the series.
    Though that trailer for Fire Emblem x SMT, didn't really see a lot of SMT in that trailer. Curious to see what the game is like. 
    Aside from that, so excited for Fatal Frame.
    Sad to hear that Fatal Frame IV didnt make its way over, but then again I didn't hear good reviews on it. 
  • Placed my vote on Dr robotnic/eggman :)
  • Third party characters are totally ok to vote for as well. Nintendo have said so themselves!

#DukeNukemForSmashBros
  • I totally voted for Isaac Clarke.

And Goku of course.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week