• WestWorld

Worth watching, the cast is better than most movies. Looks great, we will see if they can land it. Obviously an AI slave rebellion is coming, cuz that's WestWorld. It does seem to be hinting at more than that, what with the man in black and his Lemat revolver. The awfulness of the guests reminds me why I never played GTA5. I did not like who I was in GTA4. This iteration of WestWorld is totally influenced by GTA. It tilts hard towards sociopathy trainer.

• Luther

Watched the entire series a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. Luther reminds me of some of my favorite characters: primarily Batman. He's completely consumed by his work; nothing is more important to him than stopping the worst of society, and he is always on the edge of becoming the very thing he hates the most. His empathy is what always pulls him through as he pushes everyone away in his quest to relieve the world of its most malicious occupants.

The show itself is well crafted. Each episode builds not only a new set of criminals but a new set of themes to be examined. It's smart, morbid, loving, intense, and my only complaint is that the final season was the weakest and left me wanting more.
  • Luke Cage

Not quite done with it, but it is clearly a disappointment. Not terrible, but it is a big step down from Daredevil and Jessica Jones. The writing is poor and the villain is crap. Kilgore and Kingpin were better than most movie villians. The villian here is boring, poorly written and poorly acted. It is too much Shaft wanna be and not enough comic book. Hopefully Iron Fist and Defenders will be a return to form.
  • Iron Fist

Just plain bad. Bad bad writing. The plot is just stupid all the time. Do not watch. I am a huge Marvel guy and this just hurts. I hope Iron Fist gets little screen time on The Defenders.

The Expanse

Really good. Actual space opera with a great feel. Takes a while to get going. I did not fall in love in an instant. It is not on the level as The Wire or Game of Thrones, but this is high quality shit. It is an age of wonder we live, when such high grade sci-fi can go unnoticed amongst even better offerings.
  • ...Adding The Expanse to my list of things to watch on Netflix.  I'm two episodes into Attack on Titan, but my TV watching time is even more limited than my gaming time.
  • DCs Legends of Tomorrow

Still the goofiest show on TV. Some episodes seem like fan fiction, but I like it. The George Lucas episode was so cheesy that Chester Cheetah would have said, "too cheesy", but I love it. Guilty pleasure.

Flash

Still good but evil speedster plus killing family for effect is every single season. Season four must NOT have an evil speedster!

In other news, android TV put a free DVR in the live channels app, and it works just fine. Just when I thought I could not love my Shield TV any more than I already do. It already streams anything, is a killer Kodi box, can emulate any system before PS2.... and do about 900 other things. Now it is a free OTA DVR with channel guide. I do not think the game service is worth it, but you can leave that alone. I am so happy with this box. Best thing other than a PS4 you can hook up to a TV.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week