• I know, I know, as an American, I should love and adore TV, but a relationship with it constantly eludes me. 
  • @GoodEnoughForMe doesn't like Game of Thrones because the missionary sex position does not exist.
  • The amount of sexual weirdness in that show is hard to quantify. Cannot wait for next season, and yes, there will be doggy style.
  • Yeah, apparently Westeros is the land of doggy style and violent thrusting.
  • I had issues getting into Game of Thrones as well, but I stuck it out and it quickly became one of my favourite shows on television. Hell, it's in like the top three for me.

1. Doctor Who
    2. Game Of Thrones
    3. The Flash
    Good stuff.
  • More like Doctor Poo. Yeah, get rekt!
    Noobied by 1Manio
  • I've just watched through an English television series called Skins which i really enjoyed. I think it was purely fuelled from the nostalgia of watching it as a teenager. Looking at it as a third party I would probably see it as immature and ridiculous but worth a look if you are below 18 I suppose ( which I am not, i was most likely being shamefully immature enjoying it xD . But hey. Fuck it, i grew up watching it ) 
  • Legends of Tomorrow

I like it, but probably would not recommend it. It is an extremely strange hodge podge. I do not just mean the mish mash of secondary ArrowVerse characters. The combination of genres attracts me, but it does not work seemlessly. It is Dirty Dozen meets Doctor Who meets Let's Kill Hitler. I love the goofy, but when this shit gets canceled, zero surprise.

The Flash continues to make me happy. It nails that goofy 60s comic sensibility. It also has a lot of heart. Going from Gorilla Grodd to tear jerking family scene is not easy to pull off. The acting is good enough, and the writing is surprisingly ambitious. As always, fuck Arrow, that show shat the bed last season.

Finally, Venture Bros season six just started. I am the only one here watching that, but I love it enough for all of us.
  • I watched the new X-files premier when it hit TV a week ago. I made it 45 minutes through. It was horrendous. I didn't watch the other episodes, which I hear are much, much better. But man, that first episode was a giant turd.
  • There are rumors that we might get season three of Young Justice on Netflix. I did not discover that show until after it's demise. It is quite good. It is on Netflix, so everyone should go give it a chance. Nolan North as Superboy, but Aqualad steals the show.
  • Soon Daredevil Season 2 will be upon us. Here's an analysis from a good friend of mine on the aesthetic ethics of the show (season 1) and how they relate to the characters' deontology and parallel our existence. 

• The only show I keep up on now is Its always Sunny in Philidelphia. The recent St. Paddy's day episode was pretty funny. Charlie and the paint. Well just Charlie in general really.
  • Watched the new Apatow show "Love" on Netflix. Typical material if you've watched any of his movies, but still well executed. For the record: I hate Gus. 
  • Venture Bros season six continues to be awesome. Warhol and the Factory reimagined as super villains. This show has more great one shot characters than most series have good characters. I can't believe I am the only one here watching this show. Hulu even has the old seasons. Dark Johny Quest vs every pop reference ever.
  • So far Daredevil season 2 is very good, but season 1 was better. Kingpin was a great villain with an arc, the Punisher is a one note Kratos gritty McAngrypants. Comic book stuff lives and dies with the villian and Punisher is dull. Maybe when Electra and The Hand show up, the season will get better for me. Only four episodes in.

There are a few comic book movies that did not require a great villain. Deadpool was standup comedy with corpses, the villian did not matter, Iron Man had Robert Downey and a great origin story, Obidiah was pretty disposable. Mostly though, you are only as compelling as your foil.
  • I thought Jon Bernthal was the best version of Punisher we've had. I finished the Season yesterday. Differentstrokes for different folks I guess!
  • It is getting a lot better with more characters. More complex, by far, I love to see Wilson. Those first four episodes were too straight forward. Up through ten, hope it finishes strong.
  • Stars Wars: Fury of Maul trailer for Netflix is up and looks promising. If I just get a whole season of light sabre duels, that would be cool. After what Netflix did with humble properties like Jessica Jone, I have surprisingly high hopes. Everybody loved Maul before the shittiest Star Wars thing eveh, including the Christmas special. Be nice if they could get some milage out of him.

Somebody is listening to me. Pluto TV is now on PS4. You should totally get it. It is mostly garbage but it is totally free. GOOMF on the Onion channel is hilarious the first time through, and how can you not love a Mystery Science Theater channel? Sometimes some MMA, perfect 2AM time killer.

The final episode of season 2 of Daredevil was a bit dissapointing, but overall it was a very good season. Flash continues to be a fun goofball show. DC has one live action thing that allows fun, one.
  • Fury of Maul April Fools? Looks like they got me.
  • Finished season 2 of Daredevil. After episode 10 I was pumped, and then the final two episodes left me completely deflated. So much potential rushed and ultimately wasted. 
  • I'm recording Preacher to watch when I get home. The comic is one of the greatest things ever made, so I'm weary. I'll post thoughts after I've seen it (please be good).

Edit

So I've seen the episode, and it sucks. They completely misinterpreted every single main character. Jesse Custer was emotionally stunted, but he wasn't a pennant sociopath longing for redemption. Tulip committed crimes, but she never took joy in them, nor did she ever try to emotionally abuse Jesse. Cass is the person they came closest to understanding, but even he's way off the mark. 

It's only the first episode, but it left me with a really sour taste in my mouth. Everyone should experience Preacher, but this is not the way to do it. Go buy the comics; you'll thank me later.
  • Fearless

Just six episodes on Netflix. It follows a season of professional bull riding. Not a sport I ever cared about, but the series does a great job of encapsulating not just the clear insanity of the sport, but also the Brazillian culture that has come to dominate it. Way more interesting than I would have thought. Just one episode and you will know if you love it or hate it.
  • Luke Cage is Ok so far.  Maybe I am just not in the mood for Bulletproof Shaft.

Flash is back and melodramatic as ever.

Also using Plex as a DVR on my Nvidia Shield TV.  It was a pain to set up, but has worked well since.
  • Luke Cage was really good. The script isn't as tight as Daredevil season 1 or Jessica Jones, but it's thematically the second strongest piece in the Marvel Netflix Universe. It's incredibly political, with an active discourse surrounding systemic discrimination and how the system creates and benefits from urban decline and criminality. It also shows the beauty and brilliance of black history and how it formed culture and Country. 

My favorite aspect of the show is use of diegetic sound. It's perfectly integrates performance with action, making the world feel more real.

The worst aspect of the show is its plot and use of a particular villain. It sometimes feels like the characters are being driven by the plot, instead of the other way around; which lends to a less engaging experience at times. 

After this I'm pumped for The Defenders.
  • I'm only on episode three of Luke Cage? I'm struggling.

Man, I've got a hard-on for The Flash show. I'm excited for this season.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week