Xbox One official controller drivers for PC
  • Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb surprise announced that today you can download the Xbox One Controller drivers to make your brand spangled new Xbox controller work with your PC.

Go here to get the drivers.http://mjr.mn/1oYYg8o

I personally use a wireless dongle and play with a wireless 360 controller so will probably wait for that setup to arrive for the new controllers.
  • I use a wired 360 controller for pc games i would prefer to use a controller for. Is there any advantage to Xbox One controller? Because I am quite happy to grab one if they are a bit nicer to play with.
  • The d pad is a million times better even than the twisty 360 d pads but apart from that they are really similar.
  • Well that is always good :) . I have gone and had a look at a review it does sound as though they have improved upon the 360 controller in loads of ways but not enough that i feel inclined to buy one immediately. I am sure that down the line this will become my controller of choice though. Just had a look at the price on amazon and the price is £37.99 which is a bit steep for a controller that i most likely wont use too often.

• I would recommend waiting for the ps4 co troller drivers and pick one of those up. They are way nicer egonomicaly.
  • I haven't had a chance to check either of them out in person yet. After playing with the Dualshock 3 which i disliked in comparison to the 360 controller i didn't even consider looking at the Dualshock 4 as i thought it would be really similar.

On your recommendation had a bit of a google and looked at the reviews and the consensus seems to be that it is really improved and like you said ergonomically great. So I am going to most likely pick one of these up at some point over the Xbox One controller :) So thankyou for the advice :)

Also there are drivers available of a sort (well it is recognised by windows by default i think, but i could be wrong) and there is a utility that automatically maps the controller to the 360 api for games that support a 360 controller. It seems pretty simple and if it works seems to be a pretty complete solution to using the Dualshock 4 until the support comes as default in PC games.

There is a small guide here : http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/176263-how-to-use-a-dualshock-4-to-play-pc-games
  • Dualshock 4 is soooo nice. Tried one at a GameStop, fills the hands very nicely. Every button is at the perfect distance, touch pad is pleasant to the touch, and the sticks felt great. Shoulder buttons, triggers, d-pad all felt great too. Best controller IMO.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week