Game Nights/Events
  • Update: 11:30:26 05/26/2014 WE WILL BE PLAYING ON ALL CONSOLES, BUT FOR NEXT-GEN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH THE COMMUNITY, I RECOMMEND THE PS4 USING THE VOTES FROM THE POLL.  I will make a thread for us to discuss possible games old, new, or upcoming.  Look forward to playing with you all :)

The console I'm going to recommend that people get if you want to play in these events is the Playstation 4.  The reason for this is, the majority of people who participated in the poll were getting the PS4 vs the other next gen consoles.  I'll be getting the PS4 as well, but will be purchasing the other consoles as soon as possible.  If you have any suggestions, please do tell :)
  • While I am all hands on deck for this, your reasoning and choice of console kind of limits/filters out some gamers in this community.

As you said so yourself, most of those who participated in the poll have said they will purchase a ps4 in the future. I've said I was going to platinum most if my games by the end of 2013, and that didn't happen lol.

What I'm saying is, why not stick to what we currently have (ps3 & xbox 360), and hopefully if the community is still around in the future to come, and the consoles are in the gamers possession, we can carry over to the next gen.

By all means if the game that the host chooses happens to be in the said console, whether it be xbox one or ps4, the event should be had. Always nice to have gamers connect.
    But if you want more of us to participate, selecting a console that most of us already have would be your best bet of having more players attend the event.
  • The problem with this idea is not the console, it's the fact there are only about a dozen regular posters and they're all scattered around the globe. Even when NoobToob was in its heyday I rarely could join any events like these because it would usually involve getting up at 3 or 4 am and yeah, fuck that.
  • We will try to work it out, but the reasoning for this is to help stragglers decide which console to get if they don't have one, or if they want to play with the community.  For example, I never got to join any events because they were all on 360's and I didn't have one, so I never played.  We will still be doing all other consoles, but the lot of them will be done on what people currently own, or plan on getting which is 360, PS3, and PS4. 

I'm not trying to limit options, but I want these to be reliable events that always have a good turn out.  Myself or someone else will help coordinate the events to best coincide with schedules (which shouldn't be that difficult with our small community), but in the future when we grow, events will be more numerous because we will have more people to fill them.  This will allow everyone to play with the community at any time, regardless of location, and console. 

Anyone can host an event now, but the turnout without coordination will be questionable.  Also, in the future we should have our core members organize them, so they are always reliable, easy to join, and fun.

Once again, I'm going to say that we will be playing on ALL consoles,  but for now, let's just stick to the ones the majority of our members own :)
  • @@SpaceOfSoul Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear.  For your next-gen console of choice I recommend getting a PS4 because that's what the majority voted, so if you want to be able to play with most of the community get a PS4.  We will definitely be playing on all consoles (old and new), it was my mistake for not being clearer.
  • I'd be up for any fighting games. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week