Holiday/New Year Plans?
  • Hi all,

I was wondering what everybody had planned for the Christmas and New Year break.

For Christmas, we're doing a WiiBQ (Wii + BBQ) with Mario Kart and Smash Bros all day, retiring to dinner with the family. An epic day of video games, booze and gorging myself.

For the New Year, I'm avoiding the celebrations and instead having a quiet night with a bottle of red, a bathtub full of bubbles and an early sleep. The point is, I want to get up at 4/5am and go cycling at Olympic Park to see the first sunrise of the year.

And then I'm going to download the Pokemon Bank and transfer all my old Pokemon into my new cartridge. Shit is going down.
  • going back to Holland at the end of the month
  • Xmas starts tomorrow for me...even though I am at work the day after. Me and my friends have an Xmas Eve Eve tradition where we all go for a meal and then a big night out in our finest Xmas jumpers. It's always a messy one. I feel sorry for my co-workers Xmas Eve.

Then Xmas day its dinner with the family. Me, Sis, Mum, Dad and Nan go to my Nans for a dinner with all the trimmings. Boxing day is pretty much a repeat eating the leftover turkey with chips and Stuffing (best meal of the year). 

Then New Years eve shit gets messy again with my friends and New Years day we pretty much repeat Xmas day.
  • Going to stay with family for Christmas Eve and Day. I'm sure we'll eat some good food. I might be going to see American Hustle with my dad. Other than that I don't really have any plans. I think for New Years I'm probably going to stay home and play video games all day and drink a lot. If I'm feeling really motivated I'll do some house cleaning but I feel the chances for that are slim.
  • I've a good month long holiday after finishing my 1st semester in college :)

Gonna catch up on a load of games like, Dishonored GOTY ed., Ni No Kuni, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, it's gonna be goooooood. I'm also dying to get into the Hearthstone beta haha x) I also picked up FEAR 1 & 2 for very cheap the other day, but I haven't played them yet.

Other than that, kick the shit with friends & family and practice a bit of piano which I haven't done in a while, maybe learn a song or two and brush up on my coding so that I don't forget everything I did in the semester! :)
  • Taking the train to visit my girlfriend's family about three hours away, and then coming back home to celebrate a huge Christmas dinner with my family.
  • I'm in the same boat as FirLocke. Hooray college holiday breaks. Only a year or two left until I'm done. Haha.

I'll be laying around, eating and playing a bunch of games. Yep, living the life!
  • so tomorrow ill go pick my christmas gifts from me to me (meaning ill get some games...still not sure which ones, as i have a limited budget), so ill spend all next week playing all my new videogames until i get seizures and must be hospitalized.

after that ill spend new years in the beach with my 3ds, finishing all the games i have bought but have kept neglected because of college and other stuff...life is good ^^
  • None whatsoever...
    Wish I had the funds to visit my family in Chicago. So more than likely I'll be lounging around finishing up some games.
    I have New Year's Eve and New Year's Day off. Hanging out with a few buddies and hitting downtown for some fun :)
  • Hoping to get the new 3DS Zelda in my stocking and will try and put some time into that.  Also need to organize the hell out of my office/gaming room since we just moved.  

Yw
  • Just got a Wii U (damn Mario/Luigi bundle was sold out at all the Best Buys I went to!!!) on Express shipping, because fuck waiting.  I had already bought Super Mario 3D World with a Pro controller, so I've just been staring at those two things.

When the Wii U comes in (either the 24th or the 25th as estimated), that's what I'll spend my time doing.  Should be fun.

@yuzo I have both the 2D and 3D Marios now.  I know you liked Pikmin 3 so I'll get that eventually, what else did you enjoy on the system?
  • @mario54671 Not much else unfortunately.  Until Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World I haven't really spent much time with my Wii U.  Next year is looking up though with Bayonetta 2.

Yw
  • Back from Houston.

As far as I am concerned, the Texas state motto should be:

Texas

Drive Angry

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week