Noobtoob's Gaming 101 2013
  • Hello all, anyone remember the Gaming 101? Fancy bringing it back again? I really enjoyed the experience of playing through Deus Ex with everyone else commenting and helping....

Here's the list I had originally written up, but feel free to suggest anything else if you're interested.

Bayonetta
    Ur-Quan Masters
    Alpha Protocol
    Mirror's Edge
    Shadows of the Damned
    LA Noire
    Assasin's Creed 2
    Syndicate
    Red Faction: Guerilla
    Half Life 2
    Gemini Rue
    El Shaddai: Something of the Meta-something
    Kane & Lynch 2
    Far Cry 2
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Dead Space
    Rayman Origins
    Majin & the Foresaken Kingdom
    WH40K Space Marine

I was thinking of going for July as the month for the 101, or maybe we could kick off mid-June for a 6-week run to the end of July?
  • Mirrors edge or alpha protocol sound good to me. I need an excuse to play either game.
  • I can't join for most of June and the beginning of July but here's my own list that I was thinking of:

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
    Catherine
    Max Payne 3
    Darkness 2
    Hitman: Absolution
    Sleeping Dogs
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Doom 3
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (includes full game right?)
    Dishonored

I think those games all offer something that we can enjoy and discuss and should be available relatively cheaply by now. :)
  • Definitely need to get this going again. I'll toss in some suggestions too.

Doom 3
    Dishonored
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Catherine
    Alice: Madness Returns
    Half-Life 2

Pretty much anything really.
  • I'd recommend anything short. Has a better chance of everyone finishing.

On the other hand... Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is one of my favorite games... :)
  • Didn't we already do Mirror's Edge?

I agree with anything anyone else has listed. I'll play whatever.
  • I'm interested, summer break is about to start.
    Always wanted to try
    Spec ops
    Sleeping dogs
    Alice
    Half life 2
    Mirrors edge
    Castlevania
  • Dr Flibble said:
    Didn't we already do Mirror's Edge?

Weeeeeell, we tried but I think the timing was no good. Could we revisit that? I quite liked the idea of that one, because we could do the time trial challenges after completing the main story.

Either way, I agree a shorter game sounds good, just considering my own shoddy ability to finish the damn things...
  • Hmmm... was the timing bad, or does the game just really suck balls and nobody wanted to touch it?

It's a mystery I guess. :p

I guess if you choose Mirror's Edge I can always drop in for a moment to proclaim my undying hatred of it and then go back to something more worthwhile of my time like giving my arse hairs a perm.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    Hmmm... was the timing bad, or does the game just really suck balls and nobody wanted to touch it?

Possibly a little bit from column A, a little bit from column B.

Dr Flibble said:
    giving my arse hairs a perm.

If you think I'm doing a video intro to that, you've got another thing coming!
  • I think calling a vote would be our best bet. Picking mirrors edge because what 2 of us want to play it isn't entirely fair. But dude if Mirrors Edge is chosen I challenge you to give it another shot with an open mind.
  • I'd really like to get back into Dark Souls at some point this summer, especially because I haven't finished the DLC. So that'd be great for July ('cos I can't join for June) and to finally see those who haven't gotten sucked in finally get stuck in! At this stage, you'd have all the help you'd ever need anyway. :) That, and Dark Souls 2 is out either this year or next year. Probably next year though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week